|"Prelude: Draedon Update"|
|Release date||November 15, 2020|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Version history • All patches|
The 1.4.5.006 update is the first of two prelude versions to the Draedon Update. This update rebalanced most of the Draedon's Arsenal weapons as well as reworked the Adrenaline Meter.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Added a UI indicator for what world difficulty the player is in.
- Added Heavy Bleeding.
- Added a custom death message for when the player dies to Heavy Bleeding.
Changes[edit | edit source]
AI[edit | edit source]
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- Cryogen Ice Bomb and Ice Blast projectiles are now more visible in the day.
- The Destroyer laser velocity in Revengeance Mode has been slightly decreased.
- Toned down The Old Duke's aggression during the Boss Rush.
- Providence, the Profaned Goddess shader darkness effect now acts as if it's at max distance during all attacks while any Profaned Guardian is alive.
- Skeletron Head is now immune to all debuffs.
- Storm Weaver phase 2 lightning now always comes from the direction it is charging from.
- To compensate, Storm Weaver now has increased player tracking while charging.
- A few changes have been made to the Supreme Calamitas fight:
- Decreased how many total projectiles Supreme Catastrophe can fire at once on all world difficulties.
- Adjusted how projectiles spawn during Bullet Hell 5 to make the phase less dependent on RNG.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Water Leeches now inflict Heavy Bleeding.
Balance and Reworks[edit | edit source]
- Several changes have been made to how the Adrenaline Meter functions:
- The Adrenaline Mode buff now increases the player's damage by +100% (+200% in total) instead of +50% (+150% in total).
- Adrenaline now takes 30 seconds to charge at all times.
- The only exception to this rule is the Supreme Calamitas fight, which requires Adrenaline to take 45 seconds to charge.
- The three Adrenaline upgrades (Ectoheart, Electrolyte Gel Pack, and Starlight Fuel Cell) now each boost Adrenaline damage by +15% and DR when fully charged by +5% respectively and no longer influence how long it takes to charge Adrenaline.
- Adrenaline now continues charging while waiting between bosses during the Boss Rush.
- Decreased severity of boss rush Immunity frames curse from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- The Aquatic Scourge and The Destroyer now resist damage from the Hydraulic Volt Crasher stream projectiles by 25% and 70% respectively.
- Ceaseless Void Dark Energies now resist all piercing attacks.
- Storm Weaver and Sepulcher no longer delete infinitely piercing projectiles.
- Storm Weaver now takes 40% damage from the Wave Pounder's projectiles during phase 2.
- The following melee weapons have received autoswing:
- Increase the sword or spear size of Ancient Crusher, Earthen Pike, Fulguration Halberd, Gauss Dagger, Majestic Guard, and Ultimus Cleaver by 50%.
- Nerfed Arterial Assault, base damage decreased from 232 to 200.
- Adjusted Asgardian Aegis, dash length decreased from 32 blocks to 27 blocks.
- Buffed Astral Blade, increased damage from 95 to 110.
- Buffed Astral Pike, astral star projectiles damage increased from 20% to 40% of weapon's base damage and can now home in on enemies.
- Buffed Avalanche, ice shard projectile base damage increased from 30 damage to 50% of the weapon's base damage.
- Buffed Coin of Deceit, now additionally reduces the stealth cost of stealth strikes by 25%.
- Buffed Core of the Blood God, now additionally increases how much HP the player receives from Healing Potions by 15% (Inherited from the Blood Pact).
- Nerfed Cursed Dart, lingering flame projectile base damage decreased by 50%.
- Buffed Earthen Pike, increased velocity from 6 to 8.
- Buffed Elemental Quiver, increased ranged damage boost from +10% to +15%.
- Buffed Frequency Manipulator, base damage increased from 67 to 80 and charge-up duration is halved.
- Buffed Fulguration Halberd, increased velocity from 6 to 8.
- Buffed Galvanizing Glaive, base damage increased from 84 to 100 and hit cooldown reduced from 8 to 6.
- Rebalanced Gauss Pistol, decreased base damage from 130 to 110 however the green blast projectile now stays still for 50% less time.
- Rebalanced Gauss Rifle, base damage decreased from 170 to 150, use time increased from 28 to 32, hit cooldown increased from 8 to 12, and explosion projectile now pierces infinitely but can only last for 15 frames (0.25 seconds).
- Nerfed Gilded Proboscis, chance to heal decreased from 100% to 50%.
- Buffed God Slayer Cooldown, player life regeneration is now decreased by 50% instead of capped at 0.
- Buffed God's Bellows, velocity increased from 7.5 to 9 and flame lifespan increased from 1.5 seconds to 1.67 seconds. This increases its range from 42.1875 to 56.25 tiles.
- Buffed Goldplume Spear, increased projectile damage from 20% of the weapon's base damage to 40% of the weapon's base damage.
- Rebalanced Hydraulic Volt Crasher, base damage decreased from 70 to 65, and stream projectile base damage increased from 35% of the weapon's base damage to 80% of the weapon's base damage. Now always requires charge to be used.
- Nerfed Insidious Impaler, base damage decreased from 390 to 350.
- Laudanum no longer grants immunity to the Armor Crunch and War Cleave debuffs, and will now instead grant the player +15 defense when inflicted with Armor Crunch, and 10% increased damage reduction while inflicted with the War Cleave debuff.
- Reverted Luxor's Gift nerfs from 1.4.5.004:
- Melee Red Orb damage inherit increased from 40% base damage to 60% base damage.
- Ranged Blue Lightning Bolt damage inherit increased from 27.5% base damage to 40% base damage.
- Orange Magic Pendant damage inherit increased from 52.5% base damage to 80% base damage.
- Purple Scorpion damage inherit increased from 35% base damage to 50% base damage.
- Buffed Mourningstar, hit cooldown decreased from 10 to 4. Explosions now use local immunity frames. The flail itself now is twice as agile.
- Rebalanced Matter Modulator, base damage decreased from 84 to 40. Projectile lifespan increased from 6 to 8 seconds. Unstable matter can now deal damage without bouncing off any tiles, allowing it to infinitely pierce but dealing one-third damage.
- Buffed Onyxia, onyx blasts now travel much further.
- Rebalanced Plasma Grenade, base damage increased from 8,572 to 17,800, use time increased from 22 to 27 and velocity decreased from 19 to 14.
- Buffed Pole Warper, base damage increased from 700 to 810 and hit cooldown decreased from 24 to 12.
- Buffed Pulse Rifle, increased base damage from 6,560 to 10,780 and decreased charge per use from 0.3 to 0.24.
- Adjusted Samurai Badge, no longer grants an additional +20% static true melee damage and instead grants a scaling 0-30% boost similar to its other effects.
- Buffed Scorpio, secondary fire projectiles now deal full damage instead of 50% of the weapon's base damage.
- Rebalanced Shadowdrop Staff, decreased how many projectiles are fired per-use from 20 to 6, and reduced raining projectile spread by 75%.
- Buffed Soul Piercer, split projectiles are now more accurate and can consistently hit moving targets.
- Buffed Snake Eyes, base minion damage increased from 40 to 55 and slightly increased how far away the minion can go from the player while summoned.
- Adjusted Statis' Void Sash, dash length increased from 29 blocks to 34 blocks.
- Rebalanced Taser, decreased base damage from 28 to 22, and slightly increased the taser projectile velocity.
- Buffed Tesla Cannon, increased base damage from 10,000 to 16,200, and increased split beam damage by 10%.
- Nerfed Tesla Potion, decreased how long the lightning aura applies the Electrified debuff from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Nerfed Tracking Disk, laser projectile base damage decreased from 40% of the weapon's base damage to 25% of the weapon's base damage.
- Nerfed True Caustic Edge, caustic beam projectile no longer gains additional damage after bouncing off of a block.
- Buffed Ultimus Cleaver, now causes small explosions upon contacting an enemy with a true melee strike.
- Buffed Wave Pounder, base damage increased from 34 to 102.
Recipes[edit | edit source]
- All recipes involving Bloodletting Essence, Cloaking Glands, Fetid Essence, Gypsy Powder, and Maneater Bulbs have been changed due to their removals:
- Anechoic Coating now only has a Blood Orb recipe.
- All crafting instances of Bloodletting Essence have been replaced with Vicious Powder, this includes the Blood Relic and Guide Voodoo Doll. Crimson Flask now requires 15 Vicious Powder instead of 3 Vicious Powder to be crafted.
- All crafting instances of Fetid Essence have been replaced with Vile Powder, this includes the Blood Relic and Guide Voodoo Doll. Corrupt Flask now requires 15 Vile Powder instead of 3 Vile Powder to be crafted.
- All crafting instances of Maneater Bulbs have been replaced with Vines, this includes Bounding Potions, Living Dew, Photosynthesis Potions, and Portabulb.
- All crafting instances of Gypsy Powder have been replaced with Butterfly Dust, this includes Honey Dew. This however does not include the Resurrection Butterfly, which still requires 2 Butterfly Dust to be crafted.
- Apotheosis now requires a Spell Tome to be crafted instead of a Subsuming Vortex.
- Coin of Deceit now additionally requires 5 Acidwood to craft.
Renames[edit | edit source]
- Renamed Weaver Trophy to Storm Weaver Trophy.
Resprites[edit | edit source]
- Resprited Luxor's Gift and Stress Pills.
- Resprited Anechoic Coating and Astral Probe buff icons.
- Resprited Blood Orange, Blood Orange Hearts, and Portabulb.
- Resprited Azathoth projectiles, Belching Saxophone bubbles, Magnetic Meltdown orbs, Nuclear Fury typhoons, Profaned Soul Crystal small ranger projectiles, Scorpio rockets, Voltaic Climax orbs, Voidragon void blasts, and Void Vortex orbs.
- Resprited Astral Slime, Bloom Slime, and Pestilent Slime
- Resprited Divine Geode.
- Resprited Azathoth, Demonic Pitchfork, Harvest Staff, Mistlestorm, Molecular Manipulator, Nullification Pistol, Orichalcum Spiked Gemstone, Prideful Hunter's Planar Ripper, Raider's Glory, Shroomer, Star Cannon EX.
- Resprited Astral Arcanum's user interface.
Additional Changes[edit | edit source]
- Added custom rarities for a few Developer Items:
- Contagion now has a rarity color of (#CF1175 ●).
- Demonshade armor now transitions between rarity colors of (#FF8416 ●) and (#DD5507 ●).
- Earth now transitions between rarity colors of (#ff6392 ●), (#ffe45e●), and (#7fc8f8 ●).
- Illustrious Knives now transitions between rarity colors of (#9aff97 ●) and (#e497ff ●).
- Red Sun now transitions between rarity colors of (#cc5650 ●) and (#ed458d ●).
- Soma Prime now has a rarity color of (#FEFDEB ●).
- Triactis' True Paladinian Mage-Hammer of Might now has a rarity color of (#E3E2B4 ●).
- Astral Monolith now counts as a block for the Astral Infection biome.
- Added several custom sounds to Astrum Deus, including during its spawning animation.
- Anechoic Coating now drops from Cuttlefish, Flounder, and Frogfish. It can also be dropped in larger quantities by Reaper Sharks.
- This was changed due to the removal of Cloaking Glands.
- Armageddon, Death, Defiled Rune, Iron Heart, and Revengeance can no longer be toggled while any boss is alive.
- If the player attempts to use any of the above items while a boss is alive, a custom status message will be displayed.
- Several Bars can now be placed as tiles:
- Boss Zen now can disable spawns from the Slime Rain event.
- Brimstone Crate now has a 10% chance to drop 5-10 Hellstone, or Obsidian, and a 5% chance to drop 2-3 Hellstone Bars.
- Changed the player-name usage check on the Murasama from "Sam" name to "Jetstream Sam".
- Cloud Elementals can no longer drop Thunderstorm post-Providence, the Profaned Goddess, instead Storm Weaver can now drop it.
- To match drop precedents, Thunderstorm's drop chance has been increased from 1% to 2.5%.
- Decreased redundancy in Spent Fuel Container's tooltip.
- Added extra text to the tooltips of Cnidarian, The God's Gambit, Oblivion, Pandemic, Riptide, Shimmerspark and Yin-Yo.
- Colossal Squids and Giant Squids can now drop the Ink Bomb at a 10% chance and 2.5% / 4% / 5% chance respectively.
- Flamsteed Ring afterimages have been adjusted to better match its intended design.
- The player can now turn while using Gauss Dagger.
- Gauss Rifle dust particles are now much smaller.
- Several assets have been optimized to reduce CPU usage and improve mod performance.
- Slightly adjusted the tooltip for the Eldritch Soul Artifact to reference 'ranged velocity' instead of 'shoot speed'.
- Plasma Grenade now plays a custom sound when its projectile contacts the ground.
- The Rock can now be placed.
- Decreased Sludge Splotch sell price from 20 to 40 .
- Slight rewording of the Sulphurous Helmet tooltip.
- Tenebris can no longer be mined with explosions.
- Town NPCs spawn rate and ability to spawn at night can now be adjusted in the Configuration options.
- Voodoo Demon spawn rates have been slightly decreased and have been prevented while in the Brimstone Crag.
- Added two new Town NPC names:
- Wulfrum Gyrators, Wulfrum Hovercrafts, Wulfrum Pylons, and Wulfrum Rovers now all have a 7% chance to drop the Wulfrum Battery.
- To compensate, Wulfrum Drone drop rate of the Wulfrum Battery has been decreased from 10% to 7%.
- Decreased Wulfrum Knife sell price from 20 to 5 .
Fixes[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Fixed Deep Sea Dumbbell unintentionally having a fixed use time.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Gauss Rifle projectiles to immediately explode when fired behind corners and slopes.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Goblin Sorcerer projectiles to not deal damage except in Death Mode.
- Fixed a bug where Terra Arrows would instantaneously explode upon being fired.
- Fixed a bug where Yoyo projectiles would not teleport alongside the player to the Underworld for the Boss Rush Wall of Flesh fight.
- Fixed a bug with Aged Laboratory Door and Laboratory Door where their open and closed states would desync during multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug with the Providence shader darkness where Holy Inferno would be inflicted before the shader becomes fully dark.
- Fixed an issue with the Astral Monolith that caused it to crash worlds upon generating.
Visual[edit | edit source]
- Fixed missing text being written in the chat box during the Boss Rush
- Fixed a drawing issue with the Murasama projectile.
- Fixed a sprite error where Bandit's hat was still present for one frame on her hatless sprite.
- Fixed a sprite error where The Dragonfolly's wings had transparent pixels on them.
- Fixed a sprite error where Goldplume Spear's item sprite was improperly cropped.
- Fixed a sprite error where mixels were present on the Heat Troublemaker spawned by Triboluminescent Etomer.
- Fixed a sprite error where Rouge Slash's item sprite was improperly cropped.
- Fixed a sprite error where Supreme Catastrophe's map icon was improperly cropped.
- Fixed a sprite error where Wulfrum Bow's item sprite was improperly cropped.
- Fixed a visual error with Auric Tesla Bar glowmasks.
- Fixed a visual error with several items' afterimages where the main projectiles appear invisible.
- Fixed a visual error with the Destroyer's purple lights showing even while that segment's light was broken.
- Fixed the text error in the hotkey setting for Momentum Capacitor Effect.
Removals[edit | edit source]
- Removed the following crafting materials:
- Bloodletting Essence, Cloaking Gland, Fetid Essence, Gypsy Powder, and Maneater Bulb.