"A toxic downpour falls over the wasteland seas!"
|Progress bar icon|
The Acid Rain is a weather event added by the Calamity Mod that occurs in the Sulphurous Sea biome. It has a 1/360,000 chance of occurring every frame (1/6000 every second) once the Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated, or can be summoned manually through the use of a Caustic Tear. While the event is active, Sulphuric Rain droplets will rain from the sky that deal damage and inflict Irradiated onto the player.
The event has multiple levels of difficulty that are encountered at different stages in progression similar to the Old One's Army, with each tier unlocking after the player has defeated a specific boss. The first tier of the event will be unlocked after the Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated, the next tier will unlock after the Aquatic Scourge has been defeated and the final tier will unlock after the Polterghast has been defeated. Each tier features the introduction of new enemies as well as buffs and new behaviors to existing enemies.
Unlike other weather events, the Acid Rain has a progress bar and can be completed. To complete the event, the player must kill 180 enemies, or use a Caustic Tear to end it prematurely. In Multiplayer, the players must kill the amount of enemies calculated by the equation
180 * ln(total players + e - 1)), rounded down, based on how many players are in the world at the start of the event.
Content[edit | edit source]
If Aquatic Scourge has been defeated:
If Polterghast has been defeated:
|From acidic droplets:
From Flak Crabs:
From Sulphurous Skaters:
|From Cragmaw Mire:
From The Old Duke:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the Acid Rain event is active, Rain will be active across the rest of the world.
- The event's enemies will override the Sulphurous Sea's enemies, similarly to Meteor Heads.
- Other weather events such as the Blood Moon can overlap with the Acid Rain event.
- After the player has defeated the Eye of Cthulhu, the Acid Rain is guaranteed to begin the next time they visit the Sulphurous Sea. This only occurs once.
- If the Eye of Cthulhu has never been defeated, the event still becomes available once Hardmode begins.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This event is very dangerous for early game players due to the high spawnrates of enemies.
- Due to the event only occurring on the far side of the world, it's highly recommended the player sets a spawn close to the Sulphurous Sea in order to save time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Acid Rain's theme is corrosion!, which was composed by wiki editor RoverdriveZ.
- It is the second event added to the Calamity Mod, following the Boss Rush.
- Some of the event's enemies are based on extinct aquatic lifeforms, such as the Orthocera and Trilobite.
- Several designs of the event's enemies are also based on artworks submitted for a Sulphurous Sea enemy design contest on the Calamity Mod's art discord server.
- The event used to be a variation of the Rain event in the Sulphurous Sea, similar to Blizzards in the Snow biome.
|Combat||Damage Reduction • Hit Sounds • Immunity frames • Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Events||Acid Rain • Boss Rush|
|Items||Alternative crafting ingredients • Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Configuration options • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|