The Adrenaline Meter is a mechanic added in Revengeance Mode, along with the Rage Meter. In order to fill up the bar, the player must not get hit for a certain amount of time while fighting a boss. Once the meter has filled up completely, the Adrenaline Mode buff can be activated by pressing the Adrenaline Mode key. The meter will build every second; the default time to completely fill the meter is 45 seconds, but this can be lowered through the use of power-ups to a minimum of 20 seconds.
When the Adrenaline Mode buff is activated, the player receives a damage boost of 150% (500% in Death Mode) for a total boost of 250% (600%) due to the player's base damage being set at 100%. This total damage boost is multiplicative and applied after other damage boosts such as those from Potions or Accessories.
The player can reduce the amount of time needed to fill the Adrenaline Bar by using these permanent power-up items:
- , which reduces it by 10 seconds.
- , which reduces it by 10 seconds.
- , which reduces it by 5 seconds.
Burnout[edit | edit source]
If the Adrenaline Meter remains full for too long without being activated, it experiences burnout, in which the damage boost granted upon activating it will decay over time. Burnout begins if the Adrenaline Meter stays full for more than 5 seconds unactivated, causing the damage bonus to linearly decrease over the next 6.66 seconds, reaching a minimum of 149.5% / 265% in Revengeance and Death Mode respectively.
With Rage[edit | edit source]
When both the Adrenaline Mode and Rage Mode buffs are active at the same time. The player receives a damage boost of 300% (780% in Death Mode). If the player has the Heart of Darkness or Draedon's Heart equipped, the damage boost is 330% (860%).
Using them together ignores both Adrenaline's Burnout mechanic as well as Rage's consumable upgrades.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once the Adrenaline Meter reaches full capacity, an unique sound effect plays to indicate it.
- An additional sound effect will play to alert the player that it has started to decay, and another will play to indicate that the damage boost has reached its minimum.
- Getting hit while the meter is completely full will not deplete the meter.
- During the Supreme Calamitas fight, the meter fills up every 2.25 seconds instead of every second.
- With all three upgrades, it will fill up in 45 seconds. With two upgrades, it will take 57 seconds. With one upgrade, it will take 79 seconds. With no upgrades, it will take 102 seconds.
- Toggling the Adrenaline mechanic or the default location of the bar is possible through the Configuration options.
- Players can move the Adrenaline Meter around by clicking and dragging it.
- The Adrenaline Meter won't build while the Wall of Flesh is alive unless the player is in The Underworld, even if another boss is alive.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Adrenaline and Rage are replacements for a previous mechanic called Stress.
- Adrenaline and Rage are a reference to Ripper Mode from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Because of this, Adrenaline and Rage are often collectively referred to as "Rippers" by the community.
|Combat||Hit Sounds • Immunity frames • Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Items||Alternative crafting ingredients • Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Boss Rush • Configuration options • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|