The Aegis Blade's left and right-click attacks.
The Aegis Blade is a Hardmode Legendary broadsword that rarely drops from Golem in Revengeance Mode. When used with its primary fire (left-click), it will swing and deal contact damage in a regular manner. Upon striking an enemy, a medium-sized stationary flame explosion is produced, capable of damaging the target 6 more times before dissipating. When used with its secondary fire (right-click), the broadsword itself will not deal damage but will instead shoot a fireball that deals 85% of the weapon's damage. The fireball explodes into 3 flaming sparks on contact with a tile or enemy, dealing 75% of the fireball's damage. The sparks do not pierce and can linger on the ground for 2 seconds before disappearing. If a spark hits an enemy, it spawns a small flame explosion that deals 75% of the spark's damage.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The primary fire has a fixed use time of 14 ticks, and the secondary fire has a fixed use time of 19 ticks; as a result, no modifier can increase or decrease the firing rate of the sword.
- Only the left-click attack receives true melee boosts.
- Aegis is the name of Athena's shield from Greek mythology.
- This weapon, like all other Legendary weapons, actually has a unique Rarity but is referred here as Lime rarity for consistency between items.
- This unique rarity alternates between red (#ff0035 ●) and yellow (#ffff35 ●) colors, identical to the Yharim's Crystal.