||1% / 5%
The left-click swing.
The right-click projectile.
The Aegis Blade is a Hardmode Legendary broadsword that is rarely dropped by Golem in Revengeance Mode. It has two different attacks, the left-click being a basic explosive swing, and right-click shooting an aegis bolt which uses 4 mana per shot. Upon striking an enemy, they become afflicted with a lingering explosive effect that damages enemies nearby, together with launching projectiles that can cause additional explosions, each one applying the damage over time effect. When the alt-fire projectile strikes a surface or enemy, it also explodes into multiple fiery bolts.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The primary fire has a fixed use time of 14 ticks, and the secondary fire has a fixed use time of 19 ticks; as a result, no modifier can increase or decrease the firing rate of the sword.
- This weapon, like all other Legendary weapons, actually has a unique Rarity but is referred here as Lime rarity for consistency between items.
- This unique rarity alternates between red and yellow colors, the same colors as Vesuvius.
- The weapons projectiles alternate in the same colors as its rarity, like most Legendary Weapons.
- This weapon, along with the Mirror Blade, are the only swords in the game that consumes mana.