This item is dedicated to: DevAesthetic
|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||24 Fast|
|Tooltip||Fires crystals that explode and slow enemies down|
This weapon scales with all your damage stats at once
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (main)|
2 seconds (split)
3 seconds (melee)
The Aestheticus is a Pre-Hardmode classless weapon which automatically swings and deal damage in a similar manner to broadswords while firing homing crystals that get their damage multiplied by damage bonuses from all classes. When the crystal hits an enemy or after a few seconds, it splits into 4 crystals that damage and home into enemies after a short time, exploding on successful enemy hits. Both crystals inflict the Vaporfied debuff which deals 15 damage per second and reduces enemy movement speed by 10%.
The Aestheticus cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the debuff is inflicted onto a player, they instead lose 4 health per second and their natural life regen is disabled.
- This weapon does not have any critical strike chance and cannot gain any from Accessories, Modifiers, Buffs and Armor bonuses.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon does a large amount of damage to segmented enemies due to the fact that all of the segments can have the effect at the same time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is themed around vaporwave imagery, including pastel blues and pinks and a pattern reminiscent of the classic Windows logo. The name of Vaporfied debuff makes reference to this.
- The name of the weapon is a reference to the common usage of the term "ＡＥＳＴＨＥＴＩＣ" when referring to vaporwave imagery.
- It is also based off an enemy named 'Aestheticus' from the game 'Cat-Girl Without Salad: Amuse-Bouche'.
- Players that are nearby a target inflicted by the Vaporfied debuff will flash a variety of colors.