Affliction is an post-Moon Lord, Expert Mode-exclusive accessory that provides a variety of stat boosts. It is obtained from the Treasure Bag dropped by Polterghast. A player with Affliction equipped will provide all their teammates with the Afflicted buff, which provides all the bonuses of having the accessory equipped.
Affliction (and the Afflicted buff) provides the following bonuses. All of its bonuses are stronger in Revengeance Mode.
- +1 / +3 life regeneration
- +5% / +7% damage reduction
- +15 / +20 defense
- +10% / +12% increased damage
- +5% / +10% maximum health
- Its behavior of buffing teammates is similar to the Paladin's Shield, however, the wearer experiences no negative effects.
- The bonuses from the buff and the item itself do not stack with each other.
- Prior to the 188.8.131.52 update, the Affliction granted buffs depending on the player's Stress level. Having under 500 stress would grant the buffs to the player and having over 6000 stress granted the buffs to all players on the same team.