This item is dedicated to: MountainDrew/Fabsol
The Animus is a craftable post-Moon Lord developer broadsword that auto-swings. It is also dropped by Supreme Calamitas while in Expert Mode. Hitting an enemy applies the Brimstone Flames debuff for a significantly long time of 100 seconds. Animus changes its base damage every time it strikes an enemy, choosing a weighted value at random from the following options:
- 25% chance of 4,000 damage
- 25% chance of 6,000 damage
- 20% chance of 9,000 damage
- 15% chance of 15,000 damage
- 10% chance of 30,000 damage
- 5% chance of 50,000 damage
Its best modifier is Legendary. Damage changes provided by a modifier are overwritten by its random damage effect every time it is swung.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Blade of Enmity||1|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Animus can mean either "hostility or ill feelings" or "motivation to do something".
- Animus inflicting the Brimstone Flames debuff for such a long time is likely a reference to this first definition.
- Animus in Latin translates roughly to "heart", "mind", and "spirit".
- The Brimstone Flames debuff that Animus inflicts will deal an extra 4000 damage over its duration.