Hardcore DoG Spear Race and Developer
This item is dedicated to: Terry N. Muse
Apotheosis is a craftable Revengeance Mode-only post-Moon Lord developer spell tome. It fires an enlarged projection of The Devourer of Gods' head that shoots homing lasers in random directions. These projections pass through walls, but the lasers do not.
The base of the head and the two animated jaws each have an individual hitbox. As a result, this weapon does extremely high damage to large or slow enemies that can be manipulated to linger inside the projectiles' hitboxes. Unless the jaws physically strike an enemy, its damage per second is relatively low due to the lasers' random aim and lack of piercing.
The head inflicts several debuffs at a 100% success rate:
- Shadowflame (10 seconds)
- God Slayer Inferno (10 seconds)
- Demon Flames (10 seconds)
- Exo Freeze (2 seconds)
Its lasers always inflict God Slayer Inferno and Demon Flames, but not Shadowflame or Exo Freeze.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- For a full crafting tree, see here.
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Staff of the Mechworm||3|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Apotheosis was programmed by Terry N. Muse, one of the mod's lore writers, and implemented by the developer as a reward for completing a speedrun race challenge.
- This speedrun race challenge had the participants race to kill the Devourer of Gods in hardcore mode with only spears.
- The word "apotheosis" refers to a culmination or climax, or an elevation to a god-like status.
- This is one of the two items crafted using a Legendary weapon and an Exo-weapon, the other being Drataliornus.
- It requires the most Cosmilite Bars of any item to craft.
- It is the only means of inflicting the Demon Flames debuff without using the Demonshade armor set bonus.
- The sprite for the weapon is shaped like the first phase Devourer of Gods' head.