Hardcore DoG Spear Race and Developer
This item is dedicated to: Terry N. Muse
Apotheosis is a craftable Revengeance Mode-only post-Moon Lord developer spell tome. It fires an enlarged projection of The Devourer of Gods' head that shoots homing lasers in random directions. These projections pass through walls, but the lasers do not.
The base of the head and the two animated jaws each have an individual hitbox. As a result, this weapon does extremely high damage to large or slow enemies that can be manipulated to linger inside the projectiles' hitboxes. Unless the jaws physically strike an enemy, its damage per second is relatively low due to the lasers' random aim and lack of piercing.
The head inflicts several debuffs:
- God Slayer Inferno (10 seconds)
- Demon Flames (10 seconds)
- Armor Crunch (10 seconds)
- Exo Freeze (3.33% chance for 2 seconds)
On enemies, these combined debuffs cause the target to lose 2750 health per second, defense reduced by 66.67%, have defense further decreased by 20 for 10 seconds. With an additional 3.33% chance to completely freeze the enemy for 2 seconds.
Its lasers always inflict God Slayer Inferno and Demon Flames, but not Armor Crunch or Exo Freeze.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Staff of the Mechworm||2|
|Ascendant Spirit Essence||7|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Apotheosis was programmed by Terry N. Muse, one of the mod's lore writers, and implemented by the developer as a reward for completing a speedrun race challenge.
- This speedrun race challenge had the participants race to kill the Devourer of Gods in hardcore mode with only spears.
- The word "apotheosis" refers to a culmination or climax, or an elevation to a god-like status.
- This is one of the two items crafted using a Legendary weapon, the other being Drataliornus.
- It requires the most Cosmilite Bars of any item to craft.
- It is the only means of inflicting the Demon Flames debuff without using the Demonshade armor set bonus.
- The sprite for the weapon is shaped like the first phase Devourer of Gods' head.
- This, along with the Elemental Excalibur and Eternity, is one of the only weapons crafted from Shadowspec Bars that do not drop from Supreme Calamitas.
- The damage and knockback, being 420 and 6.9, are references to internet memes of 420 and 69.
|Calamitous Essence • Bar • Crystyl Crusher|
Animus • Draconic Destruction • Earth • Elemental Excalibur • Red Sun • Azathoth • Nanoblack Reaper • Triactis' True Paladinian Mage-Hammer of Might • Illustrious Knives • Soma Prime • Svantechnical • Contagion • Voidragon • Apotheosis • The Dance of Light • Eternity • Fabstaff • Staff of Blushie • Endogenesis • Flamsteed Ring • Temporal Umbrella • Scarlet Devil
Demonshade armor • Profaned Soul Crystal • Dye