|Use time||44 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||Makes any hit while a boss is alive instantly kill you|
Effect can be toggled on and off
Using this while a boss is alive will instantly kill you and despawn the boss
If a boss is defeated with this effect active it will drop 6 treasure bags, 5 in normal mode
If any player dies while a boss is alive the boss will instantly despawn
Armageddon is an item that can be activated and deactivated. When active, it has multiple effects on gameplay:
- While a boss is alive (either from Calamity Mod or vanilla), any direct damage to the player (such as enemy or projectile contact) will result in instant death.
- The player's respawn time is much shorter.
- Bosses drop 5 Treasure Bags in Normal Mode and 6 in Expert Mode, Revengeance and Death Mode.
It can be crafted at an Altar and does not have any ingredients.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The instant death effect while the item is active bypasses revival effects from God Slayer armor, Silva armor and Auric Tesla armor as well as the Invincible buff from Purified Jam.
- Debuffs such as teleporting using a Rod of Discord under of the effects of Chaos State or Holy Inferno will not kill the player instantly. They decrease the health as usual.
- If used while a boss is alive, it will instantly kill the player and despawn any active bosses.
- The activation does not bypass revival effects, but it will still despawn the boss.
- The Profaned Guardians, Sentinels of the Devourer, and Supreme Calamitas do not drop treasure bags or anything extra while the effect is enabled.
- Siren and Leviathan will drop 5 treasure bags even when killed before Hardmode, despite being designed to drop an IOU an item during that time.
- This is the only way to obtain treasure bags in Normal Mode.
- This allows the player to obtain Expert Mode exclusive items in Normal Mode.
- If a boss from a different mod is alive, the insta-kill effect still applies, but no extra treasure bags will be dropped.
- Although the tooltip states that dying during a boss battle causes the boss to immediately despawn, bosses do not despawn immediately upon player death.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Whenever the player dies while under the effects of this item, the death message will always be "<PlayerName>'s legs appeared where his/her head should be", regardless of the actual cause of death.
- This item uses a similar palette to the Astrageldon Slime, a removed boss. This is because the boss was a reference to the Armageddon Slime from the Terraria Exxo Avalon mod, which this item shares its name with.
- Bosses used to drop 10 Treasure Bags or 11 in Expert Mode or higher from killing a boss with Armageddon active.
|Combat||Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Boss Rush • Configuration options • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|