|Set Bonus||Inferno effect at below 50% life|
You have a 20% chance to emit a blazing explosion when you are hit
Helm: 5% increased melee damage
Melee attacks and projectiles cause chaos flames to erupt on enemy hits
Headgear: 5% increased ranged damage
You have a 50% chance to fire a homing chaos flare when using ranged weapons
Mask: 5% increased magic damage
Magic attacks summon damaging and healing flare orbs on hit
Helmet: 5% increased minion damage
Summons a chaos spirit to protect you
Hood: 5% increased rogue damage
Rogue weapons have a 10% chance to unleash a volley of chaos flames around the player that chase enemies when used
Rogue builds while not attacking and not moving, up to a max of 120
Rogue stealth only reduces when you attack, it does not reduce while moving
The higher your rogue stealth the higher your rogue damage, crit, and movement speed
|Buff duration||Infinite (Helmet)|
|Buff tooltip||The chaos spirit will protect you|
|Buff duration||Infinite (Under 50% Health)|
|Buff tooltip||Nearby enemies are ignited|
|Debuff duration||4, 8, or 12 seconds (Helm melee attacks)|
3 seconds (Chaos Explosions, Chaos Geysers, Chaos Flares, Chaos Orbs, Chaos Flames, Homing Chaos Flares)
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Chaos Flares)|
|Debuff tooltip||Rapid health loss|
|Sell||30 25 (set)|
Ataxia Armor is a craftable Hardmode armor set, crafted from Cores of Chaos, Hellstone Bars, and Chaotic Bars. It requires 6 Cores of Chaos, 17 Hellstone Bars, and 32 Chaotic Bars to make the whole set or 10 Cores of Chaos, 33 Hellstone Bars, and 60 Chaotic Bars for a set with all five headpieces.
A full set consists of an Ataxia Armor and an Ataxia Subligar as well as five different headpieces: The Ataxia Mask, Ataxia Helmet, Ataxia Helm, Ataxia Headgear and Ataxia Hood. All of the helmets share the set bonus, but also each piece providing boosts to the specific class. All helmets also provide temporary immunity to lava and immunity to fire damage.
The Ataxia Armor gives 21 defense, +20 max life, 5% increased damage and critical strike chance. The Ataxia Subligar gives 15 defense, 7% increased critical strike chance and 15% increased movement speed.
- The Ataxia Helm gives 25 defense, 12% increased melee damage, 10% increased melee critical strike chance.
Melee attacks have a 25% chance for On Fire! to be inflicted for 12 seconds, a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 8 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 4 seconds.
Its set bonus grants an additional 5% melee damage and causes melee attacks and projectiles to spawn chaos flames on enemy hits.
Chaos flames deal 15% damage of the attack that spawned them, capped at 35 damage, and can hit up to 3 times.
- Chaos flames are only generated from enemies that have a damage stat of 5 or higher, with the exception of enemies spawned from statues.
- The Ataxia Headgear gives 15 defense, 12% increased ranged damage, 10% increased ranged critical strike chance and reduces ammo cost by 25%.
Its set bonus grants an additional 5% ranged damage and gives ranged weapons a 50% chance to also fire chaos flares that inflict Brimstone Flames and On Fire!.
- The Ataxia Mask gives 9 defense, increased mana by 100, 12% increased magic damage, 15% reduced mana usage and 10% increased magic critical strike chance.
Its set bonus grants an additional 5% magic damage and allows magic attacks to summon healing and damaging orbs that inflict On Fire! on enemy hits.
- The Ataxia Helmet gives 6 defense, 5% increased summon damage, increased minion knockback and increases max number of minions by 2.
Its set bonus grants an additional 40% minion damage and summons a Chaos Spirit to fight for the player.
- The Chaos Spirit floats over the player's head and fires at enemies for 190 damage. It also inflicts On Fire!.
- The Ataxia Hood gives 12 defense, 12% increased rogue damage, 10% increased rogue critical strike chance and 50% chance of not consuming rogue weapons.
Its set bonus grants an additional 5% rogue damage, gives rogue weapons a 10% chance to spawn chaos flames that home in on enemies and inflict On Fire!, and gives a maximum rogue stealth of 120.
A full set always provides a total of 40 defense, +20 max life, 8% increased damage, 10% increased critical strike chance and 15% increased movement speed, temporary immunity to lava, immunity to fire damage, an Inferno effect when below 50% health, and a chance for a fiery explosion on hit.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet Variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ataxia is the name given to medical symptoms that consist of diminished control of muscle movements.
| • • • • • • |
• • • • • • •