|Set Bonus||Inferno effect at below 50% life|
You have a 20% chance to emit a blazing explosion when you are hit
Helm: 5% increased melee damage
Melee attacks and projectiles cause chaos flames to erupt on enemy hits
Headgear: 5% increased ranged damage
You have a 50% chance to fire a homing chaos flare when using ranged weapons
Mask: 5% increased magic damage
Magic attacks summon damaging and healing flare orbs on hit
Helmet: 40% increased minion damage
Summons a hydrothermic vent to protect you
Hood: 5% increased rogue damage
Rogue weapons have a 10% chance to unleash a volley of chaos flames around the player that chase enemies when used
Rogue stealth builds while not attacking and slower while moving, up to a max of 110
Once you have built max stealth, you will be able to perform a Stealth Strike
Rogue stealth only reduces when you attack, it does not reduce while moving
The higher your rogue stealth the higher your rogue damage, crit, and movement speed
|Buff duration||Infinite (Helmet)|
|Buff tooltip||The hydrothermic vent will protect you|
|Buff duration||Infinite (Under 50% Health)|
|Buff tooltip||Nearby enemies are ignited|
|Debuff duration||4, 8, or 12 seconds (Helm melee attacks)|
3 seconds (Chaos Blaze, Chaos Geysers, Chaos Flares, Chaos Orbs, Chaos Flames, Homing Chaos Flares)
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Chaos Flares)|
|Debuff tooltip||Rapid health loss|
|Sell||30 25 (set)|
Hydrothermic Armor is a craftable Hardmode armor set, crafted from Cores of Chaos, Hellstone Bars, and Scoria Bars. It requires 6 Cores of Chaos, 17 Hellstone Bars, and 32 Scoria Bars to make the whole set or 10 Cores of Chaos, 33 Hellstone Bars, and 60 Scoria Bars for a set with all five headpieces.
A full set consists of an Hydrothermic Armor and an Hydrothermic Subligar as well as five different headpieces: The Hydrothermic Mask, Hydrothermic Helmet, Hydrothermic Helm, Hydrothermic Headgear and Hydrothermic Hood. All of the helmets share the set bonus, but also each piece providing boosts to the specific class. All helmets also provide temporary immunity to lava and immunity to fire damage.
The Hydrothermic Armor gives 21 defense, +20 max life, 5% increased damage and critical strike chance. The Hydrothermic Subligar gives 15 defense, 7% increased critical strike chance and 15% increased movement speed.
- The Hydrothermic Helm gives 25 defense, 12% increased melee damage, 10% increased melee critical strike chance.
Melee attacks have a 25% chance for On Fire! to be inflicted for 12 seconds, a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 8 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 4 seconds.
Its set bonus grants an additional 5% melee damage and causes melee attacks and projectiles to spawn chaos flames on enemy hits
- Chaos flames deal 15% damage of the attack that spawned them, and can hit up to 3 times. Further damage added to the flame after it has reached 35 damage is reduced by 90%.
- Chaos flames are only generated from enemies that have a damage stat of 5 or higher, with the exception of enemies spawned from statues.
- The Hydrothermic Headgear gives 15 defense, 12% increased ranged damage, 10% increased ranged critical strike chance and reduces ammo cost by 25%.
Its set bonus grants an additional 5% ranged damage and gives ranged weapons a 50% chance to also fire a chaos flare that inflicts Brimstone Flames and On Fire!.
- Chaos flares deal 25% of the damage of the attack that spawned them.
- The Hydrothermic Mask gives 9 defense, increased mana by 100, 12% increased magic damage, 15% reduced mana usage and 10% increased magic critical strike chance.
Its set bonus grants an additional 5% magic damage and allows magic attacks to summon healing and damaging orbs that inflict On Fire! on enemy hits.
- Chaos orbs deal 50% of the damage of the attack that spawned them.
- Healing orbs heal for 10% of the projectile's damage dealt, reduced by 5% on each repeat pierce hit.
- The Hydrothermic Helmet gives 6 defense, 5% increased summon damage, increased minion knockback and increases max number of minions by 2.
Its set bonus grants an additional 40% minion damage and summons a Hydrothermic Vent to fight for the player.
- The Hydrothermic Vent floats over the player's head and fires at enemies for 190 damage. It also inflicts On Fire!.
- The Hydrothermic Hood gives 12 defense, 12% increased rogue damage, 10% increased rogue critical strike chance and 50% chance of not consuming rogue weapons.
Its set bonus grants an additional 5% rogue damage, gives rogue weapons a 10% chance to spawn 8 chaos flames that home in on enemies and inflict On Fire!, and gives a maximum rogue stealth of 110.
- Homing chaos flames deal 50% of the damage of the attack that spawned them.
A full set always provides a total of 40 defense, +20 max life, 8% increased damage, 7% increased critical strike chance and 15% increased movement speed, temporary immunity to lava, immunity to fire damage, an Inferno effect when below 50% health, and a chance for a fiery explosion on hit that deals 100 damage.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hydrothermic armor used to be known as "Ataxia armor", in reference to the term Ataxia, which is the name given to medical symptoms that consist of diminished control of muscle movements.
| • • • • • • |
• • • • • •