The Aureus Spawn is a Hardmode boss servant that is summoned by Astrum Aureus in Revengeance Mode or during the Boss Rush. Upon initially spawning, it is harmless, moving closer the player and occasionally teleporting to some location near the player. It can only take 1 damage from attacks, or 2 damage if the attack is a critical strike.
Once its health drops below 1000, it becomes invincible and starts accelerating towards the player, acting much like a projectile. Once in this state, it will explode upon contact with tiles or the player, killing itself and potentially dealing damage in the process.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If spawned during the day, it will immediately act as if its health is below 1000 and start accelerating towards the player.
- During the Boss Rush, Aureus Spawns will have 1002 max health regardless of difficulty.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its harmless nature if left alive in its inactive state, it is recommended to avoid damaging it as much as possible, as doing so could lead to it becoming a hazard.
- If in pursuit of the player, it will die instantly if it comes into contact with blocks. Because it is affected quite heavily by momentum, the player should attempt to draw it towards tiles as much as possible before dodging, so its previous speed carries it into them and destroys it.
- A good way of doing this is to build boxes of solid blocks above your arena, and when being chased by the Aureus Spawn double back on them below or above your boxes, this should cause them to run into your box and subsequently be destroyed.
- Cryogen's lore item, Asgard's Valor, or the Asgardian Aegis can be used to dash through them, making them explode without damaging the player.