"A godly aura has blessed the world's caverns."
Auric Ore is a post-Moon Lord ore found in the cavern layer after Jungle Dragon, Yharon has been defeated. It is used to make incredibly powerful end-game weapons and equipment, as well as the Eye of Extinction, the summoning item for Supreme Calamitas. It requires at least a Blossom Pickaxe to mine. 620 Auric Ore is required to craft every item it is used in and only one helmet for Auric Tesla armor, or 860 Auric Ore if crafting every helmet.
Unlike most ores, Auric Ore spawns in enormous clusters. Each vein can easily have over a hundred blocks of ore.
- This ore does not have a Slime counterpart. Since Yharon only spawns Auric Ore on the first kill, there is a limited amount of Auric Ore in each world.
- Auric Ore can be destroyed by explosives after Yharon has been defeated.
- Unlike most ores, Auric Ore is not converted into bars and is instead used directly into recipes.
- Like Cryonic Ore, it can be seen without the use of light sources (e.g., torches, light pets, etc.)
- The weapons that require Auric Ore to craft are commonly referred to as "Exo-weapons," based on the Exoblade.