The Bandit will move into an available NPC house if the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- Skeletron has been defeated.
- The player has at least 1 in their inventory. (This condition will not be required if the Bandit has moved in before on that world)
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Old Die||40||Always available.|
|Bear's Eye||5||Always available.|
|Tiger Climbing Gear||5||Always available.|
|Gel Dart||2 50||After The Slime God has been defeated.|
|Slick Cane||25||In Hardmode.|
|Thief's Dime||1||After the Pirate Invasion has been defeated.|
|Bouncing Betty||4||After defeating any Mechanical Boss.|
|Latcher Mine||3||After defeating any Mechanical Boss.|
|Momentum Capacitor||60||After all three Mechanical Bosses have been defeated.|
|Monkey Darts||4||After Plantera has been defeated.|
|Glove of Precision||50||After Plantera has been defeated.|
|Glove of Recklessness||50||After Plantera has been defeated.|
|Deep Wounder||60||After Calamitas has been defeated.|
|Ethereal Extorter||1||After the Golem has been defeated.|
|Celestial Reaper||2||After the Moon Lord has been defeated.|
|Sylvan Slasher||5||After Providence has been defeated.|
|Venerated Locket||25||After The Devourer of Gods has been defeated.|
|Dragon Scales||40||After defeating the first phase of Jungle Dragon, Yharon.|
Can only be purchased once.
Refund[edit | edit source]
When the player selects the Bandit's "Refund" option after reforging at the Goblin Tinkerer any number of times, the Bandit will return 1/5 of the money spent on those reforges. The Bandit can only return the money spent on reforges, and only in that world. The Bandit has three unique quotes when using this option.
- "Want in on a little secret? Since [Name of Goblin Tinkerer] always gets so much cash from you, I’ve been stealing some of it as we go. I need you to keep quiet about it, so here."
- "Hey, if government officials can get tax, why can’t I? The heck do you mean that these two things are nothing alike?"
If no refund is available:
- "Sorry, I got nothing. Perhaps you could reforge something and come back later..."
Names[edit | edit source]
The Bandit may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Anything is a weapon if you throw it hard enough."
- "That’s your chucking arm? You need to work out more."
- "Listen here. It’s all in the wrist, the wrist! Oh, forget it."
- "I don’t think Mom and Dad are proud of the job I have right now."
- "Eh you know how it goes; steal from the rich, give to the poor. Of course, for a price."
- "What to hear about this one time I was stuck in a room with a rabid dog and a dead guy?"
- "Argh snakes. For some reason it’s always snakes."
- "Maybe I’m bitter. It’s been a long time, so whatever. Just do a good job out there."
- "It’s not stealing! I’m just borrowing it until I die!"
Only at Night:
- "You know what’s really cool? Watching the glint of throwing stars as they reflect the moon."
- "You think those stars that fall occasionally would make good throwing weapons?"
- "Statis' clan’s got nothing on me. Mostly cause they’re all dead."
During a Blood Moon:
- "Oy, watch where you’re going or I might just use you for dart practice."
- "Bet you’d look good as a pincushion, amiright?"
- "Zombies don’t dodge very well. Maybe you’ll do a bit better."
- "Hey, careful over there. I’ve rigged the place. One wrong step and you’re going to get a knife in your forehead."
If the Bandit's name is Laura:
- "The nice thing about maps is that I can track anything that has fallen."
If the Bandit's name is Penelope:
- "Imagine how fast you could throw if you just had more hands."
If the Bandit's name is Rowan:
- "Usually I only think of animals as food or target practice, but dragons are an exception."
If the Bandit's name is Valerie:
- "I also take food for currency."
If the Bandit lives in the Jungle:
- "I’d rather not be here. This place has bad vibes, y’know? It brings back some unpleasant memories."
If the Player has the Bone Glove in their inventory:
- "Wouldn’t be the first time I used my friends’ remains as weapons."
If the world is in Hardmode:
- "With all of this new stuff cropping up, looks like we got some easy loot and new items to craft up, eh? Well, YOU craft them, I’ll steal em."
- "Draedon thinks he can build awesome machines but he doesn’t know how much crap I’ve stolen from him and sold by dismantling his drones."
- "Gramma always said never to invade ancient temples or you’ll be cursed and die. Let’s say both of us attest that is untrue. We’re still alive. Somewhat."
If the Moon Lord has been defeated:
- "I heard that there’s some really neat and awesome rogue items you can get. Show em to me if you ever get the time."
- "Providence HATES it when you take her stuff. I learned that the hard way."
- "You think I can get away with looting from ghosts? It ain’t like they can pick things up."
- "Oh man, did you rip that off a shark!? Now that’s a weapon!"
If The Devourer of Gods has been defeated:
- "I tried looting Storm Weaver’s armor once. Before I could get a chunk of the stuff… well let’s just say the bigger, fatter cosmic worm arrived and it didn’t end well."
If the Merchant is present:
- "Don’t tell [Name of Merchant], but I took some of his stuff and replaced it with Angel Statues."
- "Don’t tell [Name of Nurse] that I was responsible for [Name of Arms Dealer]’s injuries."
If the Drunk Princess is present:
- "I learned never to steal [Name of Drunk Princess]’s drinks. She doesn’t appreciate me right now so I’ll go back to hiding."
During a Party:
- "Where is my party hat? Well I stole it of course."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the player leaves and rejoins the world, the Refund's reforge counter will reset and the player will not be able to collect any money from the Bandit.
- The Bandit does not give a discount to players with the Discount Card or similar items.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bandit’s name Marisa is a reference to the character Marisa Kirisame from the Touhou Project series.
- Her quote "I’m just borrowing it until I die!" refers to Marisa's habit of stealing from youkai with the justification that her human lifespan is shorter than theirs.
- The Bandit's names Maribel and Hearn are references to the character Maribel Hearn from the same series.
- The Bandit’s name Indiana, and her quote regarding snakes is a reference to the character Indiana Jones from the Indiana Jones franchise.
- The Bandits name 'Rowan' is related to developer Lord Metarex. It is a nod to his real name if he were a girl.
- The quote "Don’t tell [Name of Merchant], but I took some of his stuff and replaced it with Angel Statues." is a continuing reference to the well-known Angel Statue being absolutely useless.
- The Merchant selling Angel Statues while the Bandit is present is also a reference to this line.
- The Bandit's name-specific quotes are references to members of the Calamity dev team and community.
- During a Party, the Bandit will wear no hat.
- In the mod's source files, the Bandit is referred to as 'THIEF'.
- This is a reference to the game The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, in which the player's name is permanently changed to 'THIEF' if they ever steal from a shop.