|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons aureus bombers to fight for you|
Aureus bombers explode on enemy impact
Does not consume minion slots
|Inflicts Debuff||Astral Infection|
|Debuff duration||2 seconds (Impact and Explosion)|
|Debuff tooltip||Your flesh is melting off|
|Astrum Aureus||1||25% / 33.33%|
The Borealis Bomber is a Hardmode summon weapon that drops from Astrum Aureus. It summons a floating Aureus Bomber that does not take up minion slots and follows the player. It attacks by charging at enemies and then exploding upon impact, inflicting the Astral Infection debuff. If an Aureus Bomber explodes, the minion will despawn.
Its best modifier is Mythical, due to its unique nature of not requiring minion slots to be used and being able to be summoned in large numbers with a low enough use time, resulting in high damage output.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to these properties, this weapon is essentially a Magic weapon for the Summoner class. It avoids the damage penalty for Minions while also scaling with Summoner equipment, giving a decent amount of damage in comparison with other classless weapons available.
- The Bombers can be summoned with no empty Minion slots and without de-summoning pre-existing summons.
- The Bombers follow any enemy on a line roughly 43 blocks width, though they will not pursue enemies behind walls.
- Armor that increases maximum mana is useful when using this weapon due to its high mana cost.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is a summon version of the Aureus Spawns that Astrum Aureus spawns.