|AI Type||Brimstone Elemental AI|
60 / 96 / 120 (pre-Providence)
210 / 336 (post-Providence)
|Max Life||26,000 / 41,600 / 57,132 / 86,480 (pre-Providence)|
300,000 / 480,000 (post-Providence)
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Contact)|
|Debuff tooltip||The horror...|
|Immune to||All debuffs except:|
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Phases[edit | edit source]
Brimstone ElementalPhase 1
Brimstone ElementalPhase 2
Brimstone ElementalPhase 3
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Brimstone Elemental has 3 phases which she cycles through on a timer, independent of her current health.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- She will teleport to random locations and move in towards the player, leaving behind eruptions of brimstone firedust as she travels.
- The eruptions are purely visual and deal no damage.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- She will fly around quickly above the player and rapidly fire brimstone hellfire balls down onto them.
- Projectiles in this phase inflict the Brimstone Flames debuff onto the player.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
- She will close her rose petals to become highly resistant to damage. While in this state she will fire barrages of and . The Darts fire from her in an evenly spaced ring pattern, and the Hellblasts are fired in an accelerating shotgun pattern towards the player.
- Projectiles in this phase inflict the Abyssal Flames debuff onto the player.
All Phases[edit | edit source]
- As her health gets lower she will teleport more frequently, become faster, and shoot her projectiles more often.
- Leaving the Brimstone Crag will cause the Brimstone Elemental to enrage, increasing her movement speed, projectile speed, and fire rate.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- Inflicts the Horror debuff on contact in all phases.
- Summons Brimlings to aid her during the fight, which shoot gravity-affected fireballs at the player.
- If a Brimling is killed, a new one will quickly be spawned in its place.
- Her contact damage increases as her life decreases.
- Projectiles travel faster than normally.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- Shoots brimstone fireballs faster than normally.
- When in her rose form, she shoots many more projectiles, making close-range combat significantly more dangerous.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Brimling||Always in Revengeance Mode|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating the Brimstone Elemental, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Brimstone Elemental strategies.
- If you have an Adamantite Pickaxe or stronger, try mining out the Brimstone Slag. This will offer more mobility to dodge her attacks.
- Try to move around and focus on dodging instead of attacking when she closes her petals, as her projectiles can travel through blocks and her defense is greatly increased in this phase.
- Be aware of your distance to her during this phase, as the further you go, the faster her projectiles go.
- The Brimstone Elemental's despawning conditions are based on distance. By setting your spawnpoint just above the Brimstone Crags, you can easily fight and defeat her without any risk of her despawning.
- Applying Ichor to the Brimstone Elemental is a good idea especially post-Providence as she can tank a lot of damage, elongating the fight.
- It’s a good idea to use the Rod of Discord during the fight to avoid getting stuck on the biome’s terrain.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone Elemental's theme is Left Alone, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- If the Calamity Music addon mod is disabled, Boss 4 will play instead.
- While some artwork depicts her as having two eyes, Brimstone Elemental is actually a cyclops. This could be because her phase one sprite's pupil stretches the height of her eye, "splitting" it into two.
- Despite being a boss, she doesn't have a mask.
- The projectiles used in her brimstone barrages are the same projectiles used in the Supreme Calamitas fight.
- Since the Aquatic Scourge drops Souls of Sight, the Brimstone Elemental drops Souls of Fright and Cryogen drops Souls of Might, the Drax or Pickaxe Axe can technically be crafted as soon as you have defeated a Mechanical Boss, allowing you to utilize Chlorophyte on the other two.
Lore[edit | edit source]
As the world took shape long ago, the planet's will adopted a physical form - born from the elements as they formed, becoming five as they distinguished themselves from one another. When the first of humanity discovered these creatures, they were awed by their beauty and magic. The humans worshiped the Elementals - their faith and love empowering them into nigh-goddesses. They enjoyed their newfound strength and followers for thousands of years...but as humans grew aware of and understood the world around them, they also grew disillusioned with their idols. Their religions and power dwindled over the course of centuries; the gift of magic was taken and harnessed by humans, further undermining the Elementals.
The sprite born of the Underworld's flames was the first and the strongest of the five "sisters" - the last to retain her following while the others quietly returned to the aspects of the world that gave rise to them. It wasn't meant to last; a human entered the Underworld one day, abyssal flames burning in her wake as she wielded catastrophic magic that put all of Hell itself to shame. Dispatched under the Jungle Tyrant's command, Calamitas laid waste to the civilization at the core of the planet and reduced it to smoldering rubble in a single night. What had once been the capital of the Underworld was left a foul blackened monument whose unholy energy cursed all who set foot upon it.
That Elemental was no match for Calamitas. Barely clinging to life after the witch tired of her massacre and vanished, what had once been a goddess in all but name was reduced to a mere beast fighting for survival within the twisted ruins of the capital - kept alive by little more than her natural affinity with the chaotic magic that lingered within the crags. Her few remaining followers lost in a human's seemingly pointless slaughter, the Brimstone Elemental swore that humanity would be her enemy until the end of time; any attempt to worship her doubtless a mockery for which she would use all her power to kill the perpetrator, no matter how pitiable a shadow she was of her former self.