The Briny Baron is a Hardmode Legendary broadsword that rarely drops from Duke Fishron in Revengeance Mode. When used with its primary fire (left-click), it will swing and deal contact damage in a regular manner. Upon striking an enemy, a short-lasting briny typhoon is formed, dealing 50% of the weapon's damage in rapid successions. When used with its secondary fire (right-click), the broadsword itself will not swing but a sharply homing razorblade projectile is thrown out which pierces up to two enemies.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Both of Briny Baron's projectiles reset enemy immunity frames on hit, effectively damaging them per frame. However, other sources of piercing damage, as well as the swing of the sword itself, can block this effect, preventing it from achieving its full damage output.
- The primary fire has a fixed use time of 19 ticks, and the secondary fire has a fixed use time of 14 ticks; as a result, no modifier can increase or decrease the firing rate of the sword.
- Only the left-click attack receives true melee boosts.
- This weapon, like all other Legendary weapons, actually has a unique rarity but is referred here as Yellow rarity for consistency between items.
- This unique rarity alternates between dark blue (#3500ff ●) and cyan (#35ffff ●) colors, identical to the Cold Divinity.
- This weapon's projectiles alternate in the same colors as its rarity, like most Legendary Weapons.
Briny Baron's left-click attack spawning typhoons upon hitting a Target Dummy
and right-click projectiles sliding on a wall and damaging a Target Dummy.