|AI Type||Bumblebirb AI|
|Damage||160 / 256 / 320 / 368 (Contact)|
240 / 384 / 480 / 552 (Charge)
120 / 200 / 250 / 287 (Lightning Feather)
|Max Life||227,500 / 364,000 /|
404,000 / 484,000
|Immune to||All debuffs except:|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Bumblebirb spends most of the fight flying directly towards the player at a very high speed and often tries to line itself up next to the player in order to dash into them.
When Bumblebirb changes direction, it will sometimes release a burst of electric feathers from itself. After a moment, these feathers will redirect towards the player and fly forward at a high speed.
Occasionally, Bumblebirb lands on the ground and summons smaller Bumblebirbs to fight for it, each having the same behavior as the main Bumblebirb although with noticeably reduced stats. A maximum of 4 small Bumblebirbs can exist at a time.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- Speed is greatly increased.
- Does not need to land in order to spawn small Bumblebirbs.
- Maximum amount of small Bumblebirbs increased to 6.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- Maximum amount of small Bumblebirbs increased to 8.
Summons[edit | edit source]
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Witch Doctor begins selling the Birb Pheromones.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bumblebirb's attack pattern resembles Mothron's, so similar tactics to take Mothron down may work.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating Bumblebirb, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Bumblebirb strategies.
- Bumblebirb is incredibly quick, making high acceleration and max speed a must.
- Focus on the main Bumblebirb as much as possible. Defeating the smaller ones is futile, as more will easily spawn in their place.
- Circling the Bumblebirbs is an effective way to avoid being hit, as they reduce in speed when changing direction. Make sure to dodge the feathers, however, as they can easily swarm the player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bumblebirb's theme is Murderswarm, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- This theme contains a motif from the Jungle Dragon, Yharon's first phase theme.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, Boss 4 will play instead.
- Like a few other bosses - such as Polterghast and the Aquatic Scourge - Bumblebirb does not have a mask.
- Its name may be a combination of "bumblebee" and "bird", which, given the lore's mentioning of their incredibly high reproductive rates, may be a reference to the phrase 'The Birds and the Bees'.
- The term 'birb' comes from an internet meme.
- In the mod's source files, it is referred to as 'Bumblefuck'.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Bumblebirb, created by Yharim in a failed experiment to engineer an army of lesser Yharon clones, was released into the Terraria Jungle to wander aimlessly and attack those strong enough to pose a threat to Yharim himself. They have the uncanny ability to replicate/reproduce with themselves in order to mass-produce more tiny Bumblebirbs that will eventually grow into larger birbs. The only thing preventing the birbs from overpopulating the entire Jungle is their engineered "hormonal reproduction limit" protocol. This protocol shuts down the birb's sexual hormones when there are a large amount of other birbs present near them, preventing the birbs from reproducing with themselves further.