The Burden Breaker is a Hardmode accessory dropped from Dungeon Guardians, or from Skeletron Prime when it is enraged in Revengeance Mode. When equipped, once the player reaches a certain horizontal speed, it accelerates the player at an increasing rate, until either a solid block is hit or they achieve a certain speed, at which point the player's speed is completely lost.
- According to the Stopwatch, the movement speed boosting effect starts at roughly 35 mph (the moment when the dash effect from the Angel Treads starts) and ends at roughly 2500 mph. (The Stopwatch only shows it going up to about 1000 mph in normal use, but it actually goes up quite a bit higher than that.)
- Without any obstacles on their path or when using a flying mount, a player can move a horizontal distance of roughly 2600 feet with this accessory before losing all speed.
- Players may find this accessory useful in larger worlds due to the immense travel speed, which can get the player to the edge of the world within seconds.
- The item's effect is disabled during bossfights.
- If the player unequips the item after getting up to speed, they would still be able to maintain their speed, although no longer gaining acceleration.
- This is the only item with Turquoise rarity that is available before defeating the Moon Lord.
- This accessory looks similar to the Determination Breaker.
- Its description "The good time" is similar to the Determination Breaker's "The bad time."