| AI Type
|| Calamitas AI
|| 50 / 60 (pre-Providence)|
150 / 240 (post-Providence)
| Max Life
|| Phase 1:|
10,000 / 16,000 / 21,600 / 32,800 (pre-Providence)
140,000 / 224,000 (post-Providence)
37,500 / 60,000 / 75,600 / 122,800 (pre-Providence)
340,000 / 544,000 (post-Providence)
| Defense (DR)
|| 15 (pre-Providence)|
130 (post-Providence) (30% DR)
| KB Resist
| Inflicts debuff
| Debuff duration
|| 1 seconds / 2 seconds|
3 seconds / 6 seconds (On contact)
| Debuff tooltip
|| Rapid health loss
| Inflicts debuff
| Debuff duration
|| 10 seconds (On contact)
| Debuff tooltip
|| The horror...
| Immune to:
|| All debuffs except:|
"Impressive child, most impressive..."
- Not to be confused with the superboss Supreme Calamitas.
Calamitas is a Hardmode boss fought at night after defeating the Brimstone Elemental or Skeletron Prime.
She increases substantially in difficulty once Providence, the Profaned Goddess has been defeated, boosting the health and damage of her and her brothers, and she will begin dropping Bloodstone.
Calamitas does not spawn on her own and requires the player to summon her with the Eye of Desolation during the Night.
Calamitas will behave primarily like Retinazer, firing lasers and chasing the player. At different points throughout the fight, she will summon minions and her brothers to assist her.
- Acts like Retinazer but much more powerful. Lasers inflict the Brimstone Flames debuff and increase in velocity as they travel. Lasers split into three fast homing lasers after a couple seconds.
- Upon losing all health and seemingly being defeated, Calamitas returns and transitions to her second phase.
- Calamitas becomes enraged and resurrects her brothers (Catastrophe and Cataclysm) to assist her.
- Calamitas begins firing hellfire balls that do massive damage, along with her regular laser attacks.
- Catastrophe (the metal one) will spit bouncing brimstone fireballs and quickly charge at you. As his health lowers, he spits fireballs at a much higher frequency, and his charges become quicker and more damaging.
- Cataclysm (the fleshy one) will breathe a brimstone flamethrower and charge at you. As his health lowers, his brimstone breath becomes much larger and more damaging.
- When Calamitas' health reaches 50%, she will summon a ring of Soul Seekers to make a shield around her.
- When Calamitas' health reaches 55% and around 10%, she will summon a swarm of Life Seekers.
- Calamitas' brothers MUST be defeated for her to take reasonable damage again.
- Instead of summoning Life Seekers, Calamitas will resurrect her brothers again at 55% and around 10% health.
- Calamitas and her brothers attack and shoot more aggressively.
- Calamitas and her brothers inflict the Horror debuff on contact. Her brothers also inflict Marked for Death.
- Calamitas shoots even more aggressively.
- Two pairs of the brothers spawn in the second and third brothers phase.
|| Life Seeker
|| Upon reaching 55% and 10% health in Normal Mode.
|| Soul Seeker
|| Upon reaching 50% health.
- Wearing equipment that increases your speed helps you dodge many of her attacks. If you can fly around fast enough, she will never be able to hit you and you will also be able to avoid her brothers.
- Using a fast gun, like the Megashark, paired with Crystal Bullets is a good way to damage her and her brothers.
- Although Calamitas is immune to most debuffs, Frostspark Bullets can deal a large amount of damage, due to the fact that they deal increased damage to enemies that are immune to being frozen.
- The theme heard during the battle with Calamitas is Raw, Unfiltered Calamity, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- The song features motifs from previous bosses in the Calamity Mod.
- Guardian of Former Seas (Desert Scourge) is remade into the song's introduction.
- Blood Coagulant (The Perforators) can be heard at 0:44, but is rarely acknowledged as it is very subtle in the song's background.
- Antarctic Reinforcement (Cryogen) plays at 1:01 into the song.
- 1NF3$+@+!0N (Crabulon) plays at 1:23.
- Return to Slime (Slime God) plays at 1:45.
- The Filthy Mind (Hive Mind) plays at 2:06.
- Left Alone (Brimstone Elemental) plays at 2:28.
- Calamitas is Latin for "disaster".
- The names of Calamitas and her brothers all denote a kind of violent event or destruction, all of which start with the letter C (Calamitas, Catastrophe, and Cataclysm).
- When she is defeated, her death message reads "A Calamitas Doppelganger has been defeated!"
- Because of this, she is often referred to as "Clonelamitas" by the community.
Calamitas' true name is unknown. She was born in a mountainous region to a family of extremely skilled mages whose destructive powers rivaled those of demigods. They taught her how to master the vehement and volatile natures of dark magic without giving in to the negative emotions that these powers can inflict upon the wielder. "The dark is within all of us, but when gazing into darkness the darkness also gazes into you", her father told her, quoting a famous philosopher.
However, one morning, after a particularly heated clash with a rivaling faction, Calamitas woke up to find her parents and siblings dead, hung on crucifixes by an angry mob. Filled with hatred and rage, Calamitas forgot what her parents had taught her, and brought devastation upon the mob, burning them with hellfire and teleporting them to the underworld to be tortured for eternity. Calamitas, defeated and sobbing, retreated to her now-vacant cave carved out in the mountainside. She then took to practicing the magic of necromancy in order to revive her parents and 2 brothers.
After her success in bringing back her siblings she heard an ethereal and almost-mesmerizing voice telling her to seek refuge in the Jungle. After this Calamitas wandered toward the Jungle, almost pulled by some unknown force. She found her way into the Jungle Temple where Yharim, the man who had spoken to her, resided. He had felt her power over the arcane due to her immense and manic outburst of destructive power. He eventually recruited her into his army after several long and persuasive talks over what truly matters in this world. When Amidias refused to help Yharim in a certain ritual Yharim had Calamitas incinerate the oceans as her first mission, thus causing the Desert Scourge to go on a rampage. But, somewhere deep down in her psyche, the good in Calamitas still existed...
Weeks passed, each day she argued more and more with herself over what was necessary to achieve a goal, and ultimately began distrusting Yharim. One day, Calamitas met with Yharim and attempted to convince him that his logic is flawed. Yharim was having none of it, and sent her immediately out of his throne room. That very same day Calamitas betrayed Yharim by unleashing the ancient Golem using one of the ancient Power Cells. The Golem rampaged through the temple, distracting Yharim and his soldiers. Calamitas used this time to sneak up to Yharim's throne and procured a few documents containing some helpful information on Yharim's most valiant opponents, Braelor and Statis. When Yharim and his men obliterated the Golem he cursed Calamitas for her betrayal. Due to her being a fair distance away the curse had a lessened impact on her, but it still managed to worm its way into her mind. Over time the curse slowly drove her mad, and ultimately she ended up returning to Yharim's side after the deaths of Braelor and Statis. Yharim has since removed the curse in exchange for her infallible servitude and unimaginable cruelty towards his opponents.