- Not to be confused with the superboss Supreme Calamitas.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Brothers[edit | edit source]
CatastropheBrother of Calamitas
CataclysmBrother of Calamitas
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Calamitas will behave primarily like Retinazer, firing lasers and chasing the player. At different points throughout the fight, she will summon minions and her brothers to assist her.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- Acts like Retinazer but much more powerful. Lasers inflict the Brimstone Flames debuff and increase in velocity as they travel. Lasers split into three fast homing lasers after a couple seconds.
- Upon losing all health and seemingly being defeated, Calamitas returns and transitions to her second phase.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Calamitas becomes enraged and resurrects her brothers (Catastrophe and Cataclysm) to assist her. Her brothers have a short delay before they attack to prevent cheap hits.
- Calamitas begins firing hellfire balls that do massive damage, along with her regular laser attacks.
- Catastrophe (the metal one) will spit bouncing brimstone fireballs and quickly charge at the player. As his health lowers, he spits fireballs at a much higher frequency, and his charges become quicker and more damaging.
- Cataclysm (the fleshy one) will breathe a brimstone flamethrower and charge at the player. As his health lowers, his brimstone breath becomes much larger and more damaging.
- When Calamitas' health reaches 50%, she will summon a ring of Soul Seekers to make a shield around her.
- When Calamitas' health reaches 55% and around 10%, she will summon a swarm of Life Seekers.
In Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
- Calamitas' brothers MUST be defeated for her to take reasonable damage again.
- Instead of summoning Life Seekers, Calamitas will resurrect her brothers again at 55% and around 10% health.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- Calamitas and her brothers attack and shoot more aggressively.
- Calamitas and her brothers inflict the Horror debuff on contact. Her brothers also inflict Marked for Death.
- Both Life Seekers and Calamitas' brothers will be spawned at 55% and around 10% health.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- Calamitas shoots even more aggressively.
- Two pairs of the brothers spawn in the second and third brothers phase.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Life Seeker||Upon reaching 55% and 10% health.|
|Soul Seeker||Upon reaching 50% health.|
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Once defeated, enemies in the Abyss begin dropping Depth Cells and/or Lumenyl. Juvenile Eidolon Wyrms and Eidolists begin dropping Ectoplasm.
- The same occurs if Plantera is defeated before Calamitas.
- Calamity Eyes begin spawning at night.
- The Wizard will begin selling Eyes of Desolation.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Making a large circle around Calamitas with the help of platforms will allow you to dodge many of her attacks.
- Calamitas’ brothers can quickly overwhelm you especially on Revengeance or Death Mode, make sure to deal with them as quickly as possible.
- Melee weapons that fire projectiles such as the Darklight Greatsword or the Icebreaker can effectively defeat Calamitas.
- The Relic of Ruin is extremely powerful for taking out Calamitas' brothers.
- The Golden Gun and the Slag Magnum are two very powerful support weapons for fighting against Calamitas, because of their abilities to inflict devastating debuffs.
- The Deepsea Staff can be an effective tool for summoners, because of its high damage when paired with Spider armor.
- Use a Rod of Discord to avoid the brothers when they spawn to avoid any unnecessary contact damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The theme heard during the first phase of Calamitas is Boss 2. When the Calamity Music addon is disabled and the Calamity base mod enabled, it will play for the whole fight.
- The theme heard during the second phase of Calamitas is Raw, Unfiltered Calamity, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- Prior to her current current theme introduced, her theme during the second phase was Boss 2 remix composed by the artist silentzorah which was the same theme of Supreme Calamitas also prior to the introduction of her theme.
- The song features motifs from previous bosses in the Calamity Mod.
- Guardian of the Former Seas / Outcast of the Sulphurous Seas (Desert Scourge / Aquatic Scourge) are remade into the song's introduction.
- Blood Coagulant (The Perforators) can be heard at 0:44, but is rarely acknowledged as it is very subtle in the song's background.
- Antarctic Reinforcement (Cryogen) plays at 1:01 into the song.
- [email protected]+!0N (Crabulon) plays at 1:23.
- Return to Slime (Slime God) plays at 1:45.
- The Filthy Mind (Hive Mind) plays at 2:06.
- Left Alone (Brimstone Elemental) plays at 2:28.
- Calamitas is Latin for "disaster".
- The names of Calamitas and her brothers all denote a kind of violent event or destruction, all of which start with the letter C (Calamitas, Catastrophe, and Cataclysm).
- When she is defeated, her death message reads "A Calamitas Doppelganger has been defeated!"
- Her lore item refers to her as "Calamitas Doppelganger" as well. These, along with the lore item's mention of the "bloody inferno" still lingering, are foreshadowing Supreme Calamitas.
- Reinforcing this, her entry on the official Calamity Mod forum post refers to her as "Calamitas Clone".
- As a result, Calamitas is often referred to as "Clonelamitas" by the community.
- Calamitas' quote "Impressive child, most impressive" is likely a reference to Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, who says the line "Impressive, Jack, most impressive".
- Prior to her current lore entry, Calamitas used the lore entry that is currently used by Supreme Calamitas.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Absolute mastery over the forces of darkness. Enough magical power to reduce whole oceans to barren deserts. The bane of the Underworld. It was with great reason that such a powerful witch, whose very title became synonymous with the disaster she heralded, was considered the prized jewel of Yharim's world-conquering forces. If she were to rebel, she would slaughter anything Yharim threw at her unless he himself confronted her - and even then, the outcome was questionable. He needed insurance in the form of an unwaveringly loyal countermeasure.
The many attempts to clone Yharon were a colossal failure, but the knowledge gleaned from them became immensely valuable. Personally overseen by the Jungle Tyrant, another project was silently initiated to produce clones of Calamitas. Physical shells were molded and artificial souls filled them, derived from past experiments and Calamitas’ own brand of necromancy. The resulting child of science and dark magic would inevitably be weaker than the original, but that too would be beneficial in its own right.
However, even with the utmost secrecy enforced by Yharim’s efforts, they underestimated the capabilities of the witch. When the project’s lead necromancer was lost in a disaster gathering souls from the depths of hell, Calamitas took an interest in the skilled mage’s demise and personally dredged his soul from the void of death. Although his thoughts were reduced to mad gibberish, she tore enough knowledge from his fragmented mind to confirm her growing suspicions of Yharim.
The tyrant’s fear was realized; she betrayed him. Loosed into the Temple by Calamitas, the reactivated Golem’s trail of chaos swept through their hidden laboratory and breached the developing clone’s containment. Yharim’s forces swiftly destroyed the rampaging machine, but the damage was done. The clone created as a contingency against Calamitas’ betrayal had escaped - freed after inciting that very betrayal. That replica aimlessly roams the night with no will and no purpose, knowing nothing but to act and fight exactly as it was designed to from birth.