Calamity Mod Wiki:Community noticeboard
|Article Stubs||Rewrite Requests|
|No stubs||No rewrite requests|
- 1 Links to the Terraria Wiki
- 2 The summoning items
- 3 Xeroc armor description needs a bit of a fix
- 4 Page for game progression
- 5 Glitch? Bug? Code Error?
- 6 Why is Cnidrion at the minibosses
- 7 Why is there no proper NPC page?
- 8 Vanilla boss guilds
- 9 question
- 10 Will Draedon and Lord Yharim Be added as a boss?
- 11 i think i somthing not listed on the wiki
- 12 Calamity Mod History
- 13 getting eatten by the colossal squid
- 14 Items "unloaded"
- 15 How many "Terra"s?
- 16 Spawning conditions for plague mobs
- 17 Title
- 18 Version history page
- 19 Please use the most recent GitHub release as the posted version had an oopsie.
- 20 Summoner Guide O_o
- 21 The wiki background
- 22 Boss progression
- 23 Plaguebringer Goliath Guide?
- 24 sulphuric sea bug pls help
- 25 "Post-Moon Lord"
- 26 bug?
- 27 Should I make a Gif for the gamma heart?
- 28 AYUDA PORFAVOR
- 29 Frozen
- 30 Desert Medallion / Stormlion Mandible crafting
- 31 Maybe a bug?
- 32 Outdated World or Other
- 33 Demo volunteering
- 34 (Untitled)
Links to the Terraria Wiki[edit source]
I think that it's good that topics that already exist in normal Terraria redirect to the Terraria wiki, but I think that already-existing topics, like the cavern layer, should have a short page explaining how the mod has changed the cavern layer (new mobs and stuff), with a link to the Terraria wiki page that explains other stuff. That way, there's 1 page that explains what new mobs spawn there, and a link to the normal page, which would make it much easier to decide if you're ready for a normal Terraria biome yet with this mod installed, because there's one place that tells you what mobs spawn there, and also possibly a "players should not go here until they have this because" note. Also, I'm putting this here because I don't know where else to put it, not because I think it's somehow linked to this page. AaayC (talk) 05:36, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
- That is what is meant to happen, but people keep redirecting it to Terraria wiki pages. --Tymon80 (talk) 08:41, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
The summoning items[edit source]
I noticed that whenever I defeat a boss(neither vanilla or Calamity) a certain NPC is selling a summoning item. The Dryad is selling all pre-hardmode summoning items(except Abeemination, sold by the Witch Doctor, and the voodoo dolls sold by... no one). The Wizard I think sells the hardmode ones( I defeated only Cryogen so IDK). The Steampunker sells the mech bosses summon items. And Post Moon Lord... IDK. What I'm trying to say is that the summoning items being sold by NPC might be a feature from the Calamity Mod. If someone could make a page about this that will be awesome.
- It is indeed from Calamity, and it's mentioned on the Bosses page already. - Minecat07 (talk) 14:01, 25 September 2017 (UTC)
Xeroc armor description needs a bit of a fix[edit source]
So, I don't know what exactly happened, but since I am currently going through my mage playthrough, I was very excited about acquiring Xeroc armor. As the description on the Xeroc armor page on the wiki suggests, magic damage done while Xeroc armor is equipped spawns magenta dust which deals damage to enemies and heals the player. Now, I don't know whether the dmg/heal dust ratio was a thing or it was both at the same time, but it really did work like both Specter armor set bonuses combined, at least that's how it worked when I fought Providence twice in pre-v188.8.131.52 Calamity version. However, when I updated to v184.108.40.206 the next day, the healing magenta dust was either only spawning on mob kills, or much more rarely, now with 10-20 health recovered per heal-dust ( don't know the exact numbers of healing in the previous version ). Either way, it would be great if anyone could help with this matter.
P.S. Does the Comet Quasher and its upgrade really work on regular target dummies ( because they seem to not ), or does it have to be some special target dummy? --BalancedLightningEtherial (talk) 13:46, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- The Comet Quasher and Stellar Striker will not work on regular target dummies, you must strike an actual enemy for them to summon their rain of projectiles. Testing Xeroc armor in Calamity 1.3.3.011 with a Razorpine on multiple Bloom Slimes showed that both the healing and damage dust took effect continuously. The healing dust is not limited to mob kills. --Ozzatron (talk) 16:07, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- Then it must be something on my side, as I was using the Mistlestorm and Ultra Liquidator ( btw, the first time I tried the Ultra Liquid on Providence it was really good ) against Calamitas and Providence today and the healing dust spawn was not continuous. Is it possible that having both Calamity and Thorium on could mess with it? Anyways, thank You for your help.
P.S. I noticed that some Elementals from The Heart of the Elements also proceed healing ( and I suppose damage ) dust, is it possible that their damage type is magic? --BalancedLightningEtherial (talk) 18:49, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
Page for game progression[edit source]
Since I have do not really have the time or the overview over everything this mod and this Wiki offers I will just leave this as a suggestion. I personally think this Wiki could use a page where the game progression with this mod is listed. You know, things like what ore/material get available after you defeat a certain boss. It is really hard to figure out what you can craft and what changes in the world after defeating some of the vanilla bosses. This could bring together a lot of pages so you do not need to click through several ones to get you to what you are looking for. -- 220.127.116.11 20:54, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- You can look at the Bosses page for a good idea of which bosses (including vanilla) to fight at which point. The Status messages page also provides some info as to what happens on each kill. Hopefully, that is what you are looking for. As for your suggestion of putting this all on one page; we don't see the point, as the information is easy enough to access where it is already. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 22:44, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Here 18.104.22.168 21:01, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
Glitch? Bug? Code Error?[edit source]
I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm playing through the game with Calamity and I finally kill Providence, The Profaned Goddess. But nothing in the world changes. I haven't got the message and Calamities and The Brimstone Elemental won't drop bloodstones. What do I do?? Also, this is my first post so if it's wrong or under the wrong subject, my apologies.
Hello? Uhh well theres a bug with calamity im having that stops loading the map at sulphur sea please fix.
- Please report bugs on the Official Discord server. There's a link on the front page of the Wiki. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 08:08, 20 April 2020 (UTC)
- Also put your question in its own section. 22.214.171.124 21:02, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
Why is Cnidrion at the minibosses[edit source]
Why is there no proper NPC page?[edit source]
I go to this wiki a few times. I do not own the Calamity Terraria mod, but I do love the concept of it. One day, I decided to check out if there were any additional NPCs in the mod. However, when I looked it up in the search box, it only took me to the vanilla Terraria NPC page. Are there no NPCs here?
126.96.36.199 01:31, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
- There is a Town NPCs page for the three Calamity Town NPCs. I also changed the redirect pages for the term NPC away from the Vanilla Wiki. Merkalto (talk) 01:34, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
Vanilla boss guilds[edit source]
I think it might be a good idea if we could imput some vanilla guilds into the wiki. I'm having a lot of trouble with eye of Cthulhu, but there's not any guilds for deathmode eye of Cthulhu, and nether any other vanilla boss guilds. also, I had to dig pretty deep to find the health of vanilla bosses, so this could make it much easier to see that too. I'd create a page for it, but I don't have a twitch account.
- It is still WIP project currently, You can still look for it in https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/User:Merkalto/Sandbox#Vanilla_Boss_Revengeance_Pages and https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/User:Mysterpumpkin/Sandbox--Daud ahn (talk) 01:57, 5 October 2020 (UTC)
What browser are you using? 188.8.131.52 18:16, 13 May 2020 (UTC)
Will Draedon and Lord Yharim Be added as a boss?[edit source]
The Sea King and Supreme Calamitas both make reference to fighting Lord Yharim, and the Sea King makes reference to fighting Dreadon. Also the song that plays when fighting the jungle dragon also makes reference to fighting Lord Yharim. Will they ever be added to the game? 184.108.40.206
- This is not the place to ask questions such as this, as this wiki is run by mostly non-devs on the Calamity Mod team. Questions like this should be asked on the Calamity Mod Discord Server. But yes, evenutally those two bosses will be added, but until they are, please be patient. Merkalto (talk) 15:07, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
Questsion 2: How do you join the discord server? 220.127.116.11
- There is an invite link to the Discord on the main page under the section labled The Mod in the second paragraph. Merkalto (talk) 14:39, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
i think i somthing not listed on the wiki[edit source]
ok this is nothing big so ive reacntly made the abysal diving suit and while talking to the steampunker they said "just what is that contraption? it makes my teleporters look like child's play!" i looked on the page for the diving suit and the page for the steampunker but i havent found any mention of this quote heres a pic of the quote if it helps
- This is already on the wiki, it's over at the Town NPCs page. It's caused by the Portal Gun, not the Abyssal Diving Suit. Minecat (talk) 20:22, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
Calamity Mod History[edit source]
- Due to how poorly the Calamity mod was documented for the first year of its existence, no, we are not planning on creating a historical page or section on any page on this wiki. This also goes for previous versions of the mod, which invalidate this wiki's purpose for those players who are out of date with the mod. Merkalto (talk) 01:31, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
getting eatten by the colossal squid[edit source]
is there a way to escape the collosal squid when they loatch onto you? ive been fighting the abyss mini bosses and the colossal squid is giving me a hard time
- This is not the place to ask that. You should join the Calamity Mod Discord server (there's a link on the front page of the Wiki) and ask there instead. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 15:03, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
Items "unloaded"[edit source]
In logging in this morning, I found some of the items no longer look like items, rather, they have a box in place of each item which says ITEM, and some other info while hovering over each item. Please see attached picture. Played yesterday and everything was the way it should be. (talk)
- This is not the place to report bugs or similar issues, but lore items aka "Knowledge Items" were internally changed in calamity update 18.104.22.168, you need to cheat them back in if you want them again. Merkalto (talk) 00:46, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- Did you unload Calamity? 22.214.171.124 21:04, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
How many "Terra"s?[edit source]
How many "Terra"s are there? Because in the original game there was only the Terra Blade, and now there is stuff like the Terra Staff, Terra Bow (tell me what it is actually called - or if that is its actual name - as a reply) and even a Terra Shiv (shortsword)! Tell me, how many are there?! I'm not sure.
- You can look here for the items considered to be in Terra tier. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 16:51, 7 December 2019 (UTC)
Spawning conditions for plague mobs[edit source]
What are they?
Thought i'd just modify an existing farm by adding jungle grass blocks to the spawn locations, but that only spawns regular jungle mobs
- Only that it is a Jungle and the Golem has been defeated. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 21:21, 6 January 2020 (UTC)
Hi, I do not know if they are going to read this but I have a small problem with the mod, the thing is that I am in cooperative mode playing with a friend and we go against the slime god but every time I do the summoner it disappears and try take out the boss in other ways but it still doesn't come out, this only happens to me in multiplayer.
- Please ask these kinds of questions on the Calamity Mod Discord - there's a link on the front page of the Wiki. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 16:20, 23 January 2020 (UTC)
- That happens. Sometimes the other Slime Gods spawn far away and immediately despawn. 126.96.36.199 21:06, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
Version history page[edit source]
I think it would be a good idea to have a page on the wiki which talks about the past versions of the mod and the key changes they have made. It would be a lot to get done all at once, but over time if lots of people contribute their own knowledge on the different versions it would be a useful and informative page. If there is a reason that this page cannot be made, then that is fine. Beepduck123 (talk) 19:28, 19 February 2020 (UTC)BeepDuck123
- Things like this have been suggested many times before. We won't be adding history sections of making a version history page due to the very poorly documented early versions of Calamity. The #changelogs channel in the official Discord server contain most changes for some previous versions, if that helps. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 20:56, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
Please use the most recent GitHub release as the posted version had an oopsie.[edit source]
Spent about an hour trying to troubleshoot the version but wasn't run-able (crash on mod load). The dev got it fixed up real quick tho so it's just to go there instead of the link on the site until next updated.
Summoner Guide O_o[edit source]
SO ive been doing a summoner run on calamity mod and i realize that a lot of the items suggested on the wiki are actually worse than earlier ones in terms of dps... this weapon... is the Dormant Brimseeker, dropped from the brimstone elemental. It deals up to 4000 dps which beats a lot of weapons later in the game, like the Xeno Staff and the Resurrection butterfly, and i find myself using it for most bosses. pls fix yes
- The Wiki is not the place to post things like this. If you think an item should be nerfed or buffed, you should make a proper suggestion in the Calamity Mod Discord, with specific reasons as to why. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 23:36, 8 July 2020 (UTC)
The wiki background[edit source]
The wiki background is dark and makes it hard to read, how do I change it?
- Can you elaborate more on the problem. Are you using mobile or desktop? Are you using the default hydradark theme or a custom one? Is it the custom background image that's causing it to be hard to read? Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 16:14, 11 July 2020 (UTC)
- It’s the default and I’m on mobile
Boss progression[edit source]
The boss progression list doesn’t include the Queen slime or empress of light, does the mod not include them or is it a mistake
- tModLoader does not currently support 1.4 Terraria, therefore no mods incorporate 1.4 content and all must be played on 188.8.131.52 Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 16:45, 11 July 2020 (UTC)
Plaguebringer Goliath Guide?[edit source]
I was going through the wiki and noticed that there isnt a plaguebringer goliath guide.
- Nobody has made one yet, though there is a WIP guide at User:Bronzechicken10/Sandbox. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 18:39, 15 July 2020 (UTC)
sulphuric sea bug pls help[edit source]
ok so i made a world to play with a friend but when i went to the sulphuric sea there was no acid sand or islands, it was like a normal ocean but with acid water. the acid rain happens normaly and the mobs spawn but i cant get acid wood. the abyss didnt generate neither. please help me
- This is not the place to ask. Submit a bug report on the Official Calamity Mod Discord server. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 18:03, 15 September 2020 (UTC)
"Post-Moon Lord"[edit source]
It's probably just a me thing, but its really weird that all the post Moon Lord items just say so, which while not wrong, doesn't accurately portray the game progression to obtain said item. In the Official Terraria Wiki, items are described as "post-mech", "post-Plantera", "post-Golem", etc. Why is that not considered here? Like for example, The Enforcer is listed as post-Moon Lord, when it's really post-Devourer of Gods. For experienced players of calamity, this really isn't an issue, but for new players, it forces them to search for the progression necessary to obtain it. And the Murasama, a weapon you can get pre-hardmode, only says post-Moon Lord, when it's *post-Yharon*. Which in terms of progression is completely insane to gloss over for me.
- We split the game into Pre-Hardmode, Hardmode and Post-Moon Lord for simplicity and consistency across the Wiki. Adding more sections of the game would massively increase the complexity of categories and DPL pages for example. There is also the issue of Calamity's non-linear progression which further blurs the lines between these sections of the game. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 18:10, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
- Vanilla actually provides both the PHM-HM progression and the proposed "post-x boss" like "Hardmode, post-Golem" for Influx Waver and Possessed Hatchet, for example. This should potentially be changed for consistency with the Vanilla Wiki but we shouldn't include them in DPLs either it makes it in or not because 40 checks is excessive. Either way, it would probably take too long and that is the only forseeable issue right now.
when I get close to Draedon Arsenal Labs my Tmodloader gives an error called System.NotSupportedException
- Report bugs on the Official Calamity Mod Discord server, not here. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 19:16, 17 October 2020 (UTC)
Should I make a Gif for the gamma heart?[edit source]
Hey, sorry for using this platform to ask a simple question, I am on school wifi rn(and no I am not doing calamity stuff instead of schoolwork, I happen to be on a break)., and they can check what I am looking at on discord so I don´t really want to get in trouble because some random dude posted a weird meme. Anyways, the Gamma heart seems like a really unique weapon, and I think that a gif for it would be useful just so the players could see what it looked like and how it damages enemies.
- I think we agreed previously that the Gamma Heart should get a GIF, but make sure to upload it to the Discord first so we can check through. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 16:47, 21 October 2020 (UTC)
AYUDA PORFAVOR[edit source]
Estoy jugando en un servidor de Calamity con amigos, pero cuando un enemigo random me golpea con un proyectil, automáticamente me cura toda la vida, no sé si es un bug, un error de dll o algo, alguien me podría ayudar porfavor!.
- Please ask questions in English as this is the only language we can moderate properly. For help with the mod, go to the Official Calamity Mod Discord, not here. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 09:42, 6 November 2020 (UTC)
Every time I enter a snow biome and it starts snowing or its a snowstorm, my character freezes and I cant move attack and I cant do anything in game except stand there, the enemies cant even hurt me.
- Report bugs on the Calamity Mod Discord, not here. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 21:14, 11 November 2020 (UTC)
Desert Medallion / Stormlion Mandible crafting[edit source]
The Desert medallion is crafted at an Iron/Lead Anvil, but the Desert Medallion page on the wiki and the Stormlion Mandible page say it'scrafted at an evil altar. Can this please be fixed?
- Desert Medallion recipe has been changed a few updates ago. Daud ahn (talk) 08:13, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
Maybe a bug?[edit source]
The astral infection didn't landed after defeatind WoF. I don't know if I miss a condtion but the message never appeared including defeating WoF several times. Is this a bug?
Pd: I'd checked my world's surface a couple of times so I'm sure that nothing changed
- Report bugs on the Calamity Mod Discord, not here. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 12:23, 2 January 2021 (UTC)
Outdated World or Other[edit source]
I have been playing Calamity Mod since most of last year or for the past two years and I have noticed something strange. When I look at the wiki for an item then I look at the same item in-game, it appears as if the sprite is not updated. This is also prevalent of features my world should have but don't such as the Arsenal Labs.
As of now I am using the most recent version of TModLoader but I have not been to this mod in a while as I have been working on other project ideas. Is there any form of information I must know about the current version of Calamity? Droid Steel Boi (talk) 05:44, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
- Mods do not update automatically. You're going to want to go into the "Mod Browser" menu in tModLoader and click the yellow "Update All" button. That should bring you to the most recent Calamity version, as well as the latest versions of any other mods you're using. You will need to create a new world in order to get new world features like the Arsenal Labs though. RoverdriveX (talk) 05:48, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
- I understand, Thank You!
Demo volunteering[edit source]
If you want to someone can explain to me how to make demos and ill make some more ill do the whole Shubham with the building in the background as well. I know pretty much all the items and I know calamity of the top of my hand. When I'm doing demos I don't use any accessory's do I? Sorry if I put this message in the wrong place please tell me if I did.
- You didn't put it in the wrong place, don't worry. As for making demonstration GIFs, we have very strict standards for which weapons do or do not require GIFs and all the ones that need them have them currently. If you would still like to help add or update GIFs in the future (e.g. for new updates), I'd recommend joining the Calamity Mod Discord and asking for the Wiki Contributor role. This gives you access to a channel where you can talk with fellow contributors/editors and get help with editing. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 13:41, 18 January 2021 (UTC)
- Okay Thanks
Does anyone know why hailbut cannon is in the pre hardmode section. I thought the way we organized the sections was by when your suppose to get it not when you can get it. LucasFSM2 (talk) 09:33, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Let me copy and paste what I posted on your profile. 'To reply to your post that got removed, Halibut is listed as pre-Hardmode because it can be obtained in pre-Hardmode. It differs from items such as Anahita & Leviathan's drops because an average player has a chance (though small) of it happening, whereas we do not expect an average player to defeat Anahita & Leviathan in pre-Hardmode, or kill an Adult Eidolon Wyrm, for example.' Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 10:34, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Okay, by the way you a admirable person