The Celestus is a craftable post-Moon Lord rogue boomerang. It rapidly throws high velocity scythes which can pierce through infinite enemies and pass through tiles. Each time the thrown scythe strikes a target, it emits a dozen double-edged phantom blades outward from the point of impact. The phantom blades deal 70% of the scythe's damage and can also pierce infinite enemies and pass through tiles, but cannot create even more blades by themselves.
Performing a stealth strike with the Celestus will cause a chain of three consecutive scythes to be thrown instead of one.
When Celestus or any of its phantom blades hit an enemy, they will inflict the following debuffs:
- Exo Freeze (0.5 seconds)
- Elemental Mix (2 seconds)
- Cursed Inferno (2 seconds)
- Frostburn (2 seconds)
- On Fire! (2 seconds)
- Ichor (2 seconds)
On enemies, these combined debuffs cause the target to be completely unable to move, lose 113 health per second, have their defense cut in half with an additional 34 defense loss, and become unable to regenerate health. In Revengeance and Death Mode, they will also lose 25% damage reduction.
Its best modifier is Flawless.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- For a full crafting tree, see here.
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Auric Tesla Bar||4|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only the rogue variant of the Elemental Disk can be used in crafting the Celestus.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon greatly benefits from Nanotech. Every time it splits on enemy contact, each projectile can spawn the homing bombs, and have the same chance to instantly kill regular enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Celestus" is the name of a genus of lizards.
- Although the thrown weapon was redesigned in the 1.4 series of updates, the split projectiles still use the old sprite.
|Blade • Gladius • Heavenly Gale • Magnomaly Cannon • Photoviscerator|
Subsuming Vortex • Vivid Clarity • Cosmic Immaterializer • Celestus • Supernova