The Coldheart Icicle is a unique Hardmode shortsword that is sold by the Archmage. It always deals 1 damage to enemies, regardless of any modifiers or attack boosts the player may have, and it cannot inflict critical hits. Whenever an enemy is struck with this weapon, their health is decreased by 2% of their max health, ignoring all defense and damage reduction.
Its best modifier is Light, as the Coldheart Icicle has minimal knockback and does not benefit from increased damage or critical strike chance.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The enemy or boss must be vulnerable to damage for this weapon to be effective. The Coldheart Icicle cannot damage enemies that are completely unable to be hit.
- Its life reduction effect applies to the head segment of worm enemies, but not body or tail segments.
- The Invincible buff's effects will not apply when this weapon is held.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It benefits most from equipment and accessory modifiers that maximize melee speed.
- This weapon can become excessively powerful against enemies with very high health, such as the Adult Eidolon Wyrm, due to the percentage-based life drain effect.
- This weapon can be useful against bosses which enter periods of very high defense and/or DR, such as Brimstone Elemental's encased phase, as the player can continue to deal decent damage to them when they would normally be dealing very little. Due to the weapon's very short range, caution should be taken to avoid excessive contact damage from the boss.