The Cosmic Guardian is a post-Moon Lord boss servant enemy that is spawned during the fight with The Devourer of Gods in Revengeance Mode. It spawns when the Devourer of Gods reaches 60% health, and an additional two appear at 20% health. It will burrow underground and despawn once the Devourer of Gods is defeated in its first phase. It can also be spawned by the Chibii Devourer pet.
Unlike the Devourer of Gods, the Cosmic Guardian is always airborne and will pursue the player regardless of their distance from the ground. It behaves almost identically to a Wyvern, albeit with significantly increased speed, health, and damage.
Segments[edit | edit source]
Cosmic Guardian Head
Cosmic Guardian Body
Cosmic Guardian Tail
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Devourer of Gods spawns one Cosmic Guardian when reduced to 60% life. At 20% life, it will spawn two more Cosmic Guardians. The final phase will not spawn any Cosmic Guardians.
- The Cosmic Guardian cannot damage or be damaged by the player for 3 seconds after spawning.
- Due to lacking a special resistance to piercing weapons like most worm bosses, the Cosmic Guardian is highly vulnerable to weapons such as Valediction or Blissful Bombardier.
- If all three Cosmic Guardians spawn at once while the Devourer of Gods is alive, some Cosmic Guardians may spawn without a few segments or lacking their entire body besides the head. This is the result of the many worms' segments reaching the NPC cap, preventing additional segments from spawning.
- The Cosmic Guardian can also be spawned by getting stabbed by the Chibii Devourer Pet. If the player's name is Terry, getting stabbed will instead summon the Devourer Of Gods' final phase.
- Just like The Devourer of Gods, the Cosmic Guardian cannot be hurt by any attack that would deal more than 1/2 of their health in one hit, such as another mod's butcher function or an incredibly powerful weapon. When hit by such an attack, the damage is reduced to 0.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While the Cosmic Guardian is typically confined to Revengeance Mode and Death Mode, they can be encountered in Normal or Expert Mode if the Cosmic Plushie is brought between worlds, due to the pet's ability to spawn them in the dark regardless of difficulty.
- The Cosmic Guardian used to be called "Another Worm Boss" as a reference to the prevalence of worm bosses in the mod. After that, it was known as "Devourer of Thots", in reference to the memetic slang term "thot" to refer to a promiscuous woman.
- Before the Cosmic Guardian was introduced, a second Devourer of Gods would spawn in its place.
- The player would have to defeat the newly spawned Devourer of Gods first because if the new Devourer reached 25% life after the old Devourer had been defeated, a third Devourer of Gods would spawn, and the process would begin anew.
- Only two Devourers of Gods could exist at once, so by defeating the newly spawned Devourer of Gods first, the original Devourer of Gods (which would already be below 25% life) could be defeated without worry of another spawning.