|AI Type||Crabulon AI|
|Damage|| 0 (passive)|
30-50 / 48-68 /
50-71 / 72-102 (melee)
28 / 44 / 46 / 66 (shrooms)
|Max Life||3,800 / 6,080 / 7,200 / 16,800|
|Defense (DR)||12 (20% DR)|
|Buff duration||Infinite (while passive)|
|Buff tooltip||Increased defense by 10 and increased life regen by 5|
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
When spawned, Crabulon will be passive towards the player, completely still and dealing no contact damage. While Crabulon is passive, the player is granted the Mushy buff, increasing defense by 10 and life regen by 5. It will become hostile if the player attacks it or after a few seconds have passed.
Once hostile, Crabulon will jump up and down while firing bursts of exploding mushrooms, as well as summoning Crab Shrooms, which slowly float downward while drifting towards the player.
As Crabulon loses health, its melee damage increases.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Launches exploding mushrooms at the player which fall downwards in an arc.
- Stomps the ground beneath it, dealing damage around it. After stomping the ground, Crabulon lunges at the player.
- Spawns Crab Shrooms as it takes damage.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- Crabulon jumps and moves faster.
- Crab Shrooms drift quicker and fall faster.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- Crabulon jumps higher and summons more Crab Shrooms.
- Fires sprays of mushrooms more frequently.
Summons[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Staying above Crabulon can be helpful in Expert Mode, because his stomp attacks deal great amounts of damage. However, you still have to dodge the exploding mushrooms and Crab Shrooms.
- If Crabulon is stuck and cannot get to the player, it can swim through blocks, similarly to the Mourning Wood and Everscream.
- Summoning Crabulon in an artificial mushroom biome above ground can offer much more room for dodging than summoning Crabulon underground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Crabulon's theme is 1NF3$+@+10N, which is composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- When played through a vectorscope, portions of the song create shapes that resemble mushrooms.
- Despite being a boss, it doesn't have a Mask.
- In a previous update, Crabulon's stomp attack was able to destroy non-mushroom biome blocks.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Calamitas' legendary ocean incineration killed off countless creatures, boiling them alive or leaving them for dead in an inhospitable environment. The large but docile crabs that once roamed the ocean floor sought refuge underground; instinct guided them to the dank caves most resembling their former habitat...but it was simply not enough. The crabs perished in fields of luminescent mushrooms, their corpses becoming host to innumerable fungi. Only the barest scraps of meat remain in their parasite-ridden husks, compelled to move and feed even in death.