Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|AI Type||Ceaseless Void AI|
|Damage||150 / 300 / 375 (melee)|
116 / 168 / 252 (homing laser)
|Max Life||200 / 400|
|Defense (DR)||0 (99.99% DR)|
|Immune to||All debuffs except:|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Unlike most other bosses, the Ceaseless Void has very little health, but compensates with massive damage reduction. This effectively allows it to only take 1 or 2 damage from any attack when vulnerable.
Upon being summoned, the Ceaseless Void is completely invincible to damage, and Dark Energies are spawned in three groups, each group having their own distinct behavior. The only way to render the Void vulnerable to damage is to destroy the Dark Energies it spawns. The Ceaseless Void will return to its invulnerable state and spawn more Dark Energies after reaching 70% health (140 / 280 HP), 40% health (80 / 160 HP), and 10% health (20 / 40 HP) respectively. Ceaseless Void attempts to remain level with the player and suck in the player when it gets close. This can be seen through a ring effect that appears around the Void.
The Ceaseless Void also periodically summons a laser portal, which will fire 8 homing lasers several times before dispersing.
Leaving the Dungeon will cause the Void to enrage and gain a speed increase.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- At 50% health, the Ceaseless Void begins summoning sets of four invincible Dark Energies, which orbit around the spot they're spawned from for a short time. The size of the orbit varies between the Dark Energies, and they will disappear shortly after being spawned.
- Dark Energy swarms are larger and can inflict the Horror debuff.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- Summons laser portals faster and summons more Dark Energies.
Summons[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ceaseless Void's health does not change in Revengeance Mode or Death Mode. It is the only boss aside from Storm Weaver and the Profaned Guardians where this is the case.
- Ceaseless Void does not have Damage Reduction like other bosses, instead, it reduces all damage to 1, except for critical hits which are reduced to 2. This includes other mod's butcher features.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Clearing out a large area in the Dungeon prior to the fight will greatly help. When expanding, Dungeon Brick Walls Unsafe may help to ensure that the player is always considered to be within the Dungeon, so that Ceaseless Void does not enrage.
- Single-shot projectiles that deal high damage and slow weapons with high damage are ineffective against the Ceaseless Void, as it will only take one damage per hit. Use fast-firing weapons to maximize your number of hits and thus DPS.
- Bring high damage weapons especially if they have area of effect capabilities, as they can easily clear out the Dark Energies.
- Use a weapon with very high knockback to keep Dark Energy swarms at bay. This will make it easier to group them up and stay away from them.
- The Ceaseless Void will not attack the player during its vulnerable state if the player is under blocks. Hide under blocks to give yourself a breather to heal or build up Adrenaline.
- The Elemental Disk can produce many splitting projectiles allowing it to easily take out the swarms of Dark Energies.
- Elemental Eruption will take out Ceaseless Void incredibly quickly, but is not very strong versus its minions.
- The Phantasm with Luminite arrows can deal a lot of damage to Ceaseless Void. This is especially recommended if fighting Ceaseless Void before Providence, the Profaned Goddess.
- If Storm Weaver has been defeated, The Storm is very effective both versus the Ceaseless Void and its Dark Energies.
- Starfleet can deal massive damage while Ceaseless Void is vulnerable, sometimes skipping phases or killing it instantly. If aimed well, it can dispatch Dark Energies in a single shot.
- The Telluric Glare is very useful for the Dark Energies and can skip sometimes 1 or 2 phases.
- Nuclear Fury does excellent damage to clumped together Dark Energies and does decent damage to the Ceaseless Void itself.
- Divine Retribution's storm of spears will deal extreme damage to the Ceaseless Void when it is vulnerable.
- Single-target minions struggle versus the Ceaseless Void due to its many minions. Use summons with an area of effect damage such as the Stardust Dragon Staff or Elemental Axes instead. The Profaned Soul Artifact is also recommended.
- The Molten Amputator's explosions and lava globs can deal with grouped Dark Energies very rapidly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ceaseless Void's theme is a segment from Servants of the Scourge, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- This theme contains a motif from The Devourer of Gods' theme.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, Boss 3 will play instead.
- Despite being a boss, Ceaseless Void will not drop a mask, or a Treasure Bag in Expert Mode.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Devourer of Gods' ability to cross dimensions was not mastered instantly. Magic of such incredible scale demands incredibly precise use and knowledge to avoid disaster - and attempts to experiment with it will inevitably result in at least a few accidents. During an attempt to breach the barrier between worlds, one such mishap occurred: a deadly rift formed, in which the concept of reality itself faltered.
It required the power of both the Devourer and Calamitas to seal the void, stabilizing it with a localized dimensional reinforcement field and further encasing it in a shell of cosmic steel - but a strange phenomenon occurred as the rift was contained. The matter and the lives it consumed were regurgitated as shapeless masses of dark energy, draining the life out of every living being around it. Despite being a highly valuable research specimen, it was ultimately deemed impossible to control after extensive testing and condemned to waste away in the abandoned Dungeon.
The Ceaseless Void is only technically a Sentinel. It is under the same magical contract as the others, but it has no mind - only a will to consume the life force of others. According to Calamitas’ research, one of two events will occur if its casing is ever compromised: either reality will force the void to collapse and annihilate itself, or it will spill out and spread without end - reducing the entire universe to waste scattered in the abyss between dimensions.