|Use time||44 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||Makes bosses even more EXTREME.|
Allows certain bosses to spawn naturally.
Increases enemy damage by 15% and spawn rates by 25%.
Nerfs the effectiveness of life steal.
Greatly increases the effectiveness of Rage and Adrenaline.
Effect can be toggled on and off.
Effect will only work if Revengeance Mode is active.
Using this while a boss is alive will instantly kill you and despawn the boss.
- Not to be confused with the vanilla game mechanic that occurs when a player's health reaches zero.
Death is an item that activates and deactivates Death Mode. Death Mode has multiple effects on gameplay:
- All vanilla and Calamity bosses are severely buffed and have unique AI changes to increase difficulty dramatically.
- Rage Mode and Adrenaline Mode provide a larger boost to player's damage, from 150% to 270% (195% to 420% with all three powerups) and 250% to 600% respectively.
- All enemy spawn rates are boosted by 40%.
- Enemy damage is boosted by 50%, stacking with the 15% extra damage taken in Revengeance Mode for a total of 65%.
- Bosses will randomly spawn even if their summoning item is not used, for as long as their respective requirements are met and are not defeated once.
- Players will be forewarned of an upcoming boss and after one minute after the warning, the boss will spawn.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Death can only be activated and deactivated while Revengeance Mode is active.
- If used while a boss is alive, it will instantly kill the player and despawn any active bosses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item was formerly used to activate an insta-death mode in which any damage would instantly kill the player.
- This is now the effect of the Armageddon item, although Armageddon only functions while a boss is alive.