Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Not to be confused with the vanilla game mechanic that occurs when a player's health reaches zero.
Death is an item that activates and deactivates Death Mode. Death Mode has multiple effects on gameplay:
- All vanilla and Calamity bosses are severely buffed and have unique AI changes to increase difficulty dramatically.
- Rage Mode and Adrenaline Mode boost the player's damage four times as much, from 100% to 400% (145% to 580% with all three powerups) and 250% to 700% respectively.
- All enemy spawn rates are boosted by 40%.
- Enemy damage is boosted by 50%, stacking with the 15% extra damage taken in Revengeance Mode for a total of 65%.
- Bosses will randomly spawn even if their summoning item is not used, for as long as their respective requirements are met and are not defeated once.
- Players will be forewarned of an upcoming boss and after one minute after the warning, the boss will spawn.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Death can only be activated and deactivated while Revengeance Mode is active.
- If used while a boss is alive, it will instantly kill the player and despawn any active bosses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item was formerly used to activate an insta-death mode in which any damage would instantly kill the player.
- This is now the effect of the Armageddon item, although Armageddon only functions while a boss is alive.