- Not to be confused with Death, which is the item that activates this gamemode.
Death Mode is the second gamemode introduced in the Calamity Mod, serving as an increased difficulty level to Revengeance Mode. It is activated by using the Death item, which can be crafted at any Altar. Attempting to activate it in a world without Revengeance Mode will have no effect. Death Mode can be deactivated and activated at will. Attempting to activate or deactivate Death Mode while a boss is alive will kill the player and despawn any active bosses.
General Changes[edit | edit source]
- Rage Mode and Adrenaline Mode boost the player's damage much more.
- Spawn rates are boosted by 25%.
- Enemy damage is boosted by 25%.
- Bosses will randomly spawn if their respective conditions are met and if not killed once. This will be forewarned one minute in advance with a status message stating "Something is approaching...".
- To work out which boss will be spawned, look down the table for the first boss that hasn't been defeated. If its conditions are met, then this boss will be the one that is spawned.
- Bosses will not randomly spawn until the player has 300 or more max HP.
- The chance of a boss spawning is 0.002% (1 in 50,000) every frame.
Boss Spawn Conditions[edit | edit source]
|Eye of Cthulhu||Surface or Space at night|
|Eater of Worlds||The Corruption|
|Brain of Cthulhu||The Crimson|
|Queen Bee||Surface Jungle|
|Desert Scourge||The Desert|
|The Perforators||The Crimson|
|The Hive Mind||The Corruption|
|The Destroyer||Surface at night|
|The Twins||Surface at night|
|Skeletron Prime||Surface at night|
|Cryogen||Surface Snow Biome|
|Calamitas||Surface at night|
|Astrum Aureus||Surface Astral Infection at night|
|Plaguebringer Goliath||Surface Jungle post-Golem|
|Profaned Guardians||The Underworld or The Hallow at the surface|
Boss AI Changes[edit | edit source]
This is a list of all boss fight changes caused by Death Mode. The names of vanilla bosses are italicized.
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
- King Slime: HP increased to 5,180. Moves faster and teleports more often.
- Desert Scourge: HP increased to 8,160. Accelerates much faster.
- Eye of Cthulhu: HP increased to 8,370. Charges faster and more often. Starts at phase 2 when spawned.
- Crabulon: HP increased to 11,088. Fires sprays of mushrooms more frequently. Jumps higher and summons more Crab Shrooms.
- Eater of Worlds: Max HP increased to 19,080. Head segments shoot cursed fireballs and reflect projectiles.
- Brain of Cthulhu: HP increased to 3,230. Spawns more Creepers and launches Creepers at higher velocity. Moves faster and can teleport much closer to the player. Deals 25% more contact damage.
- The Hive Mind: HP increased to 25,280 (total). Teleports more often and fires a spread of vile clots after each teleport in phase two.
- The Perforators: HP increased to 19,946 (total). The Hive fires blood clots rapidly, which can travel through tiles. The Perforators are significantly shorter.
- Queen Bee: HP increased to 7,378. Has faster charges and fires stingers extremely rapidly.
- Skeletron: Head HP increased to 12,320. Hand HP increased to 2184. Hands attack at much higher velocity. Fires skulls when spinning, and fires more frequently.
- The Slime God: Total HP increased to 31,500. Slimes are faster and shoot more often. Crimulan Slime God always shoots mines.
- Wall of Flesh: HP increased to 29,119. Fires lasers during the whole fight. Hungries can go through tiles and have more HP & damage. Leeches have more HP & damage.
Hardmode[edit | edit source]
- Cryogen: HP increased to 63,840. Spawns more minions.
- The Twins: Total HP increased to 113,100. Both Twins will now transform to their second phase at 80% health.
- Brimstone Elemental: HP increased to 86,480. Fires brimstone fireballs faster. Spams much more brimstone projectiles in her rose form.
- The Destroyer: HP increased to 192,000. Has more segments and spawns more Probes, which have buffed stats. Contact damage increased.
- Aquatic Scourge: HP increased to 160,000. Fires more projectiles.
- Skeletron Prime: HP increased to 79,800 (152,400 including limbs). Prime Laser HP dropped from 11250 to 1350. Head shoots lasers in all directions upon spawn. While gravity is reversed, Skeletron Prime gains an additional speed boost.
- Calamitas: Total HP increased to 132,400. Fires brimstone blasts and lasers faster. Spawns two brothers when entering second phase as usual, but spawns four brothers at once during subsequent waves.
- Plantera: HP increased to 121,799. Fires petals at a faster rate. Shoots thornballs in phase 2. Shoots a lot more spores in phase 2 when enraged.
- Siren and Leviathan: Siren HP increased to 93,840, Leviathan HP increased to 303,600 (397,440 total). Both The Siren and The Leviathan will be summoned simultaneously upon killing ???, and both will be enraged for the entire fight. The Siren will summon the first Siren Clone at 100% health instead of 50% health.
- Astrum Aureus: HP increased to 252,800. Increased fire rate and jumping speed.
- Golem: HP increased to 138,750 (159,750 including fists). Fires fireballs and lasers slower, but they do much more damage.
- The Plaguebringer Goliath: HP increased to 176,000. Fires more rockets and charges at higher speeds. Stingers home in on the player.
- Duke Fishron: HP increased to 211,500. Enters phase 3 at 30% health instead of 20% health.
- Ravager: HP increased to 341,930 (total). Fires more projectiles that are faster. Stone walls have smaller gaps between them.
- Lunatic Cultist: HP increased to 90,000. Rains projectiles constantly throughout the fight.
- Astrum Deus: Total HP increased to 594,720. Worms and lasers are faster. Fires more astral orbs.
- Moon Lord: HP increased to 379,498. Spawns a 2nd wave of 2 True Eyes of Cthulhu at 50% health.
Post-Moon Lord[edit | edit source]
- Profaned Guardians: Deals increased damage.
- Bumblebirb: HP increased to 484,000. Maximum of 8 copies are able to spawn.
- Providence, the Profaned Goddess: HP increased to 1,144,000. Switches between attack patterns more frequently and does not emit healing flames. The Healer Guardian heals much more health. Has a much more aggressive behavior.
- Storm Weaver: Always chases the player in phase 2, even when standing on the ground. Has much fewer segments in phase 2.
- Ceaseless Void: Fires laser portals faster and summons more Dark Energies.
- Signus, Envoy of the Devourer: HP increased to 1,155,600. Charges much more often, more aggressive.
- Polterghast: HP increased to 1,056,000. Phantoms shoot much more frequently.
- The Devourer of Gods: Total HP increased to 6,256,000. Contact with its head will instantly kill the player. Accelerates extremely fast. Switches between air and ground phase faster in the Final Phase. Laser walls appear faster and are less synced. Spends more time intangible in phase two.
- Jungle Dragon, Yharon: HP increased to 4,840,000. Transitions between phases at much higher life. Performs a lot fewer slow charges, and does fast charges instead. More meteors in the final phase.
- Supreme Calamitas: HP increased to 10,000,000. Much smaller arena (from 189x189 (inner available area is 187x187) blocks (in Revengeance Mode) to 127x127 (inner available area is 125x125) blocks). All of her projectiles will inflict Vulnerability Hex.
Unique Items[edit | edit source]
Pets[edit | edit source]
- Levi, dropped by Supreme Calamitas
- Cosmic Plushie, dropped by Treasure Bag (The Devourer of Gods) when opened by a Hardcore character
Thorium Changes[edit | edit source]
Thorium Boss Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Grand Thunderbird: Health increased to 4,600. Hatchlings health increased to 57.
- The Queen Jellyfish: Health increased to 10,450. Distracting Jellyfish health increased to 115.
- Viscount: Health increased to 13,200. Bitey Babies health increased to 115.
- Granite Energy Storm: Health increased to 11,250.
- The Buried Champion: Health increased to 13,500.
- The Star Scouter: Health increased to 17,500. Health of the cores increased to 875.
- Borean Strider: Health increased to 30,000. Borean Hoppers health increased to 552. Borean Mytes health increased to 690.
- Coznix, The Fallen Beholder: Health increased to 62,500. Enemy Beholders health increased to 287.
- The Lich: Health increased to 80,000. Phylactery of a Thousand Souls health increased to 1,610.
- Abyssion, The Forgotten One: Health increased to 186,300. Abyssal Spawn health increased to 1,610.
- The Ragnarök: Aquaius, The Endless Tide health increased to 171,500. Aquaius, The Waning Tide health increased to 148,750. Omnicide, The Life Defiler health increased to 376,250. Slag Fury, The Primordial Flame health increased to 323,750. Dying Reality, the Ragnarök health increased to 350,000.
Messages[edit | edit source]
- "Death is active, enjoy the fun." (When activated)
- "Death is not active, not fun enough for you?" (When deactivated)
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Combat||Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Boss Rush • Configuration options • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|