Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Death Mode is the second gamemode introduced in the Calamity Mod, serving as an increased difficulty level to Revengeance Mode. It is activated by using the Death item, which can be crafted at any Altar. Attempting to activate it in a world without Revengeance Mode will have no effect. Unlike Revengeance Mode, Death Mode can be deactivated and activated at will. Attempting to activate or deactivate Death Mode while a boss is alive will kill the player and despawn any active bosses.
General Changes[edit | edit source]
- Rage Mode and Adrenaline Mode boost the player's damage much more.
- Spawn rates are boosted by 40%.
- Enemy damage is boosted by 50%. This boost stacks with the Revengeance boost, making the player take 65% more damage in total.
- Damage reduction (DR) is hard capped at 30%, but Auric Tesla armor can increase the DR hard cap to 40%.
Boss AI Changes[edit | edit source]
This is a list of all boss fight changes caused by Death Mode. The names of vanilla bosses are italicized.
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
- King Slime: HP increased to 8,120. Moves faster and teleports more often.
- Desert Scourge: HP increased to 7,840. Accelerates much faster.
- Eye of Cthulhu: HP increased to 16,744. Charges faster and more often. Starts at phase 2 when spawned.
- Crabulon: HP increased to 9,240. Fires sprays of mushrooms more frequently. Jumps higher and summons more Crab Shrooms.
- Eater of Worlds: HP increased to 21,482. Head segments shoot cursed fireballs and reflect projectiles.
- Brain of Cthulhu: HP increased to 5,780. Spawns more Creepers and launches Creepers at higher velocity. Moves faster and can teleport much closer to the player.
- The Hive Mind: HP increased to 18,400 (total). Teleports more often and fires a spread of vile clots after each teleport in phase two.
- The Perforators: HP increased to 18,897 (total). The Hive fires blood clots rapidly, which can travel through tiles. The Perforators are significantly shorter.
- Queen Bee: HP increased to 14,755. Has faster charges and fires stingers extremely rapidly.
- Skeletron: HP increased to 20,240. Hand HP increased to 7,176. Hands attack at much higher velocity. Fires skulls when spinning, and fires more frequently.
- The Slime God: Total HP increased to 29,400. Slimes are faster and shoot more often. Crimulan Slime God always shoots mines.
- Wall of Flesh: HP increased to 47,040. Fires lasers during the whole fight. Hungries can go through tiles and have more HP & damage. Leeches have more HP & damage.
Hardmode[edit | edit source]
- Cryogen: HP increased to 49,200. Spawns more minions.
- The Twins: Total HP increased to 161,250. Both Twins will now transform to their second phase at 75% health.
- Brimstone Elemental: HP increased to 75,200. Fires brimstone fireballs faster. Spams much more brimstone projectiles in her rose form. Her projectiles inflict Vulnerability Hex.
- The Destroyer: HP increased to 252,000. Has more segments and can shoot lasers through walls. Spawns more Probes, which have buffed stats. Contact damage increased.
- Aquatic Scourge: HP increased to 152,000.
- Skeletron Prime: HP increased to 92,400. Prime Laser has greatly reduced HP, but defeating it causes the head to fire "waves" of lasers in different directions; these waves are much more frequent when spinning.
- Calamitas: Total HP increased to 122,800. Fires brimstone blasts and lasers faster. Spawns two brothers when entering second phase as usual, but spawns four brothers at once during subsequent waves.
- Plantera: HP increased to 260,400. Fires petals as fast as an enraged Plantera, shoots thornballs in phase 2, shoots a lot more spores in phase 2 if you are outside of the jungle.
- Siren and Leviathan: Both The Siren and The Leviathan will be summoned simultaneously upon killing ???, and both will be enraged for the entire fight. Increased health to 100,000 and 352,000 respectively.
- Astrum Deus: Total HP increased to 344,400. Worms and lasers are faster. Fires more astral orbs.
- Astrageldon Slime: HP increased to 164,000, increased fire rate and jumping speed.
- Golem: HP increased to 585,000. Fires fireballs and lasers slower, but they do much more damage.
- The Plaguebringer Goliath: HP increased to 160,000. Fires more rockets and charges at higher speeds. Stingers home in on the player.
- Duke Fishron: HP increased to 192,200. Enters phase three at half health. Spawns Cthulhunados during phase three.
- Ravager: HP increased to 560,000 (total). Fires projectiles faster,walls have smaller gaps between them.
- Lunatic Cultist: HP increased to 160,000. Rains projectiles constantly throughout the fight.
- Moon Lord: HP increased to 415,500. Spawns 9 True Eyes of Cthulhu, twice. Spawns Eidolists.
Post-Moon Lord[edit | edit source]
- Profaned Guardians: More HP and much more aggresive.
- Providence, the Profaned Goddess: HP increased to 560,000. Switches between attack patterns more frequently and does not emit healing flames. The healer guardians heal much more health.
- Polterghast: HP increased to 760,000. Projectiles are faster and spawns Phantoms in phase 2 instead.
- Storm Weaver: Always chases the player in phase 2, even when standing on the ground. Has much fewer segments in phase 2.
- Ceaseless Void: Fires laser portals faster and summons more Dark Energies.
- Signus, Envoy of the Devourer: HP increased to 856,000. Charges way more often, more aggressive.
- The Devourer of Gods: Total HP increased to 2,992,000. Contact with its head will instantly kill the player. Accelerates extremely fast. Switches between air and ground phase faster in the Final Phase. Laser walls appear faster and are less synced. Spends more time intangible in phase two.
- Bumblebirb: HP increased to 1,000,000. Maximum of 19 copies are able to spawn.
- Jungle Dragon, Yharon: HP increased to 5,000,000. Enters subphase 2 and 3 earlier and stays in them for longer. No longer does slow charges, and instead only does fast charges. More meteors in the final phase.
- Supreme Calamitas: HP increased to 10,000,000. Much smaller arena (from 150x150 blocks (in Revengeance Mode) to 100x100 blocks). Hit cap is lowered to 10. Mounts are disabled throughout the fight. In addition to herself, Supreme Calamitas's projectiles inflicts Vulnerability Hex for 5 seconds.
Unique Items[edit | edit source]
Pets[edit | edit source]
- Levi, dropped by Supreme Calamitas
- Cosmic Plushie, dropped by Treasure Bag (The Devourer of Gods) when opened by a Hardcore character
Messages[edit | edit source]
- "Death is active, enjoy the fun." (When activated)
- "Death is not active, not fun enough for you?" (When deactivated)
| Game mechanics |
|Environment||Music • Status messages|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||Armageddon • Boss health bar • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Defense • Rage Meter|