- Not to be confused with Death, which is the item that activates this gamemode.
Death Mode is the second gamemode introduced in the Calamity Mod, serving as an increased difficulty level to Revengeance Mode. It is activated by using the Death item, which can be crafted at any Altar. Attempting to activate it in a world without Revengeance Mode will have no effect. Death Mode can be deactivated and activated at will. Attempting to activate or deactivate Death Mode while a boss is alive will kill the player and despawn any active bosses.
- 1 General Changes
- 2 Boss AI Changes
- 2.1 Pre-Hardmode
- 2.2 Hardmode
- 2.2.1 Cryogen
- 2.2.2 The Twins
- 2.2.3 Brimstone Elemental
- 2.2.4 The Destroyer
- 2.2.5 Aquatic Scourge
- 2.2.6 Skeletron Prime
- 2.2.7 Calamitas
- 2.2.8 Plantera
- 2.2.9 Siren and Leviathan
- 2.2.10 Astrum Aureus
- 2.2.11 Golem
- 2.2.12 The Plaguebringer Goliath
- 2.2.13 Duke Fishron
- 2.2.14 Ravager
- 2.2.15 Lunatic Cultist
- 2.2.16 Astrum Deus
- 2.2.17 Moon Lord
- 2.3 Post-Moon Lord
- 3 Unique Items
- 4 Thorium Changes
- 5 Messages
- 6 See Also
General Changes[edit | edit source]
- Rage Mode and Adrenaline Mode boost the player's damage much more.
- Spawn rates are boosted by 25%.
- Enemy damage is boosted by 15%.
- Bosses will randomly spawn if their respective conditions are met and if not killed once. This will be forewarned one minute in advance with a status message stating "Something is approaching...".
- To work out which boss will be spawned, look at the table below for the first boss that hasn't been defeated. If its conditions are met, then this boss will be the one that is spawned.
- Bosses will not randomly spawn until the player has 300 or more max HP.
- The chance of a boss spawning is 0.002% (1 in 50,000) every frame.
- This translates to a 0.12% chance (1 in 833.33) every second, or a 7.2% chance (1 in 13.88) every minute.
Boss Spawn Conditions[edit | edit source]
|Eye of Cthulhu||Surface or Space at night|
|Eater of Worlds||The Corruption|
|Brain of Cthulhu||The Crimson|
|Queen Bee||Surface Jungle|
|The Perforators||The Crimson|
|The Hive Mind||The Corruption|
|Crabulon||Glowing Mushroom biome|
|The Destroyer||Surface at night|
|The Twins||Surface at night|
|Skeletron Prime||Surface at night|
|Calamitas||Surface at night|
|Astrum Aureus||Surface Astral Infection at night|
|Plaguebringer Goliath||Surface Jungle post-Golem|
|Profaned Guardians||The Underworld or The Hallow at the surface|
Boss AI Changes[edit | edit source]
This is a list of all boss fight changes caused by Death Mode. The names of vanilla bosses are italicized.
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
HP increased to 5,180. Moves faster and teleports more often. The Crown Jewel now will follow and shoot the player for the whole fight.
HP increased to 8,160. Accelerates much faster.
HP increased to 8,370. Charges faster and more often. Starts at phase 2 when spawned.
HP increased to 11,088. Fires sprays of mushrooms more frequently. Jumps higher and summons more Crab Shrooms.
Max HP increased to 22,020.
HP increased to 3,570. Creepers' HP increased to 240. Moves faster and can teleport much closer to the player. Deals 25% more contact damage.
HP increased to 25,280 (total). Teleports more often and fires a spread of vile clots after each teleport in phase two.
HP increased to 19,946 (total). The Hive fires blood clots rapidly, which can travel through tiles. The Perforators are significantly shorter.
HP increased to 7,378. Has faster charges and fires stingers extremely rapidly.
Head HP increased to 12,320. Hand HP increased to 2184. Hands attack at much higher velocity. Fires skulls when spinning, and fires more frequently.
Total HP increased to 43,050. Slimes are faster and shoot more often. Crimulan Slime God always shoots mines.
Hardmode[edit | edit source]
HP increased to 63,840. Spawns more minions.
Spazmatism HP increased to 50,025, Retinazer HP increased to 42,000 (92,025 total). Both Twins will now transform to their second phase at 80% health.
HP increased to 86,480. Fires brimstone fireballs faster. Spams much more brimstone projectiles in her rose form.
HP increased to 192,000. Has more segments and spawns more Probes, which have buffed stats. Contact damage increased.
HP increased to 160,000. Fires more projectiles.
HP increased to 63,000 (114,150 including limbs). Hands attack at much higher velocity. Fires skulls when spinning, and fires more frequently. If gravity is reversed, the Head gains another speed boost.
Total HP increased to 132,400. Fires brimstone blasts and lasers more aggressively.
HP increased to 142,800. Fires petals at a faster rate. Shoots thornballs in phase 2. Shoots a lot more spores in phase 2 when enraged.
Siren HP increased to 93,840, Leviathan HP increased to 303,600 (397,440 total). Both The Siren and The Leviathan will be summoned simultaneously upon killing ???, and both will be enraged for the entire fight. The Siren will summon the first Siren Clone at 100% health instead of 50% health.
HP increased to 299,200. Increased fire rate and jumping speed.
Golem[edit | edit source]
HP increased to 138,750 (159,750 including fists). Fires fireballs and lasers slower, but they do much more damage.
HP increased to 176,000. Fires more rockets and charges at higher speeds. Stingers home in on the player.
HP increased to 211,500. Enters phase 3 at 33% health instead of 20% health. Minimap Icon disappears when at low life.
HP increased to 341,930 (total). Fires more projectiles that are faster. Stone walls have smaller gaps between them.
HP increased to 100,000. Projectiles travel faster and deal more damage.
Total HP increased to 594,720. Worms and lasers are faster. Fires more astral orbs.
HP increased to 379,498. Clots heal for 1,500 instead of 1,250.
Post-Moon Lord[edit | edit source]
Deals increased damage.
HP increased to 484,000. Maximum of 8 copies are able to spawn.
HP increased to 1,144,000. Switches between attack patterns more frequently and does not emit healing flames. The Healer Guardian heals much more health. Has a much more aggressive behavior. The crystal lasts for less time.
Takes less damage in Phase 1.
Fires laser portals faster and summons more Dark Energies.
HP increased to 1,155,600. Charges much more often, more aggressive.
HP increased to 1,056,000. Phantoms shoot much more frequently.
Total HP increased to 5,440,000. Contact with its head will instantly kill the player. Accelerates extremely fast. Switches between air and ground phase faster in the Final Phase. Laser walls appear faster and are less synced. Spends more time intangible in phase two.
HP increased to 4,840,000. Transitions between phases at much higher life. Performs a lot fewer slow charges, and does fast charges instead. More meteors in the final phase.
HP increased to 10,000,000. The arena's size is reduced from 159x159 (inner available area is 157x157) to 127x127 (inner available area is 125x125) blocks). All of her projectiles will inflict Vulnerability Hex.
Unique Items[edit | edit source]
Pets[edit | edit source]
- , dropped by
- , dropped by when opened by a Hardcore character
Thorium Changes[edit | edit source]
Thorium Boss Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Grand Thunder Bird: Health increased to 4,600. Hatchlings health increased to 57.
- The Queen Jellyfish: Health increased to 10,450. Distracting Jellyfish health increased to 115.
- Viscount: Health increased to 13,200. Bitey Babies health increased to 115.
- Granite Energy Storm: Health increased to 11,250.
- The Buried Champion: Health increased to 13,500.
- The Star Scouter: Health increased to 17,500. Health of the cores increased to 875.
- Borean Strider: Health increased to 30,000. Borean Hoppers health increased to 552. Borean Mytes health increased to 690.
- Coznix, The Fallen Beholder: Health increased to 62,500. Enemy Beholders health increased to 287.
- The Lich: Health increased to 80,000. Phylactery of a Thousand Souls health increased to 1,610.
- Abyssion, The Forgotten One: Health increased to 186,300. Abyssal Spawn health increased to 1,610.
- The Ragnarök: Aquaius, The Endless Tide health increased to 171,500. Aquaius, The Waning Tide health increased to 148,750. Omnicide, The Life Defiler health increased to 376,250. Slag Fury, The Primordial Flame health increased to 323,750. Dying Reality, the Ragnarök health increased to 350,000.
Messages[edit | edit source]
- "Death is active, enjoy the fun." (When activated)
- "Death is not active, not fun enough for you?" (When deactivated)
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Combat||Hit Sounds • Immunity frames • Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Items||Alternative crafting ingredients • Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Boss Rush • Configuration options • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|