Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
|Tooltip|| Halves your max HP and increases enemy damage resistance by 50%.|
Increases most rare item drop chances and enemies drop 2 times the cash.
Using this while a boss is alive will instantly kill you and despawn the boss.
Can be toggled on and off.
"Your soul is mine..."
- Halves the player's maximum life.
- Increases the damage resistance (DR) of all enemies by a varying percentage that causes them to take half as much damage as they originally would have.
- If an item's drop chance is less than 5%, it will be raised to 5%.
- For some Calamity-only items, this allows them to be dropped twice, albeit with a very low chance.
- The Halibut Cannon is the sole exception to this rule.
- Doubles the amount of money that drops from enemies.
- Some enemies will drop items that they normally will only drop in certain biomes.
It can be crafted at an Altar and does not have any ingredients.
Drops[edit | edit source]
While the Defiled Rune is active, some enemies will drop items that they normally will only drop in certain biomes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If used while a boss is alive, it will instantly kill the player and despawn any active bosses.
- The effect of this item tends to cause some bosses to spawn twice at the same time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the Defiled Chalice from the game Bloodborne, and has some similar functions to it.
- This item resembles a Buff/Debuff icon, much like SYNTAX ERROR.
| Tools: Usual Tools • Summoning Tools • Other Tools |
| Game mechanics |
|Environment||Music • Status messages|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||Armageddon • Boss health bar • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Defense • Rage Meter|