This item is dedicated to: ThatTerrariaGuy/AstroKnight
|Set Bonus||100% increased minion damage|
All attacks inflict the demon flame debuff
Shadowbeams and demon scythes will fire down when you are hit
A friendly red devil follows you around
Press Y to enrage nearby enemies with a dark magic spell for 10 seconds
This makes them do 25% more damage but they also take 125% more damage
|Grants Buff||Red Devil|
|Buff tooltip||The red devil will protect you|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||All damage taken is increased by 25%|
|Inflicts Debuff||Demon Flames|
|Debuff duration||2, 4, or 6 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Another flames debuff...|
Demonshade Armor is a craftable post-Moon Lord developer armor set crafted from Shadowspec Bars. It takes a total of 34 Shadowspec Bars to craft a full set. Demonshade Armor is arguably the most powerful armor set available in the Calamity Mod, although the wider array of status effects granted by the Auric Tesla armor may make that desirable in some cases. If the full set is visible (whether equipped or in social slots), the player will have afterimages. If the full set is equipped, the player will leave behind purple dust as they move regardless of any social slot items worn.
It consists of a Demonshade Helm, Demonshade Breastplate, and Demonshade Greaves.
Stats[edit | edit source]
The full set grants the following stats and bonuses (this includes the set bonus):
- 150 defense
- 45% increased damage
- 100% increased minion damage
- 30% increased critical strike chance
- 20% increased melee speed
- 50% increased run acceleration
- 50% increased maximum run speed
- +1 to movement speed
- +200 max life and mana
- +10 max minions
- Enemies have 100x their contact damage reflected back at them when hitting the player
- Standing still grants incredibly fast life regeneration (similar to the Shiny Stone).
- All attacks inflict the Demon Flames debuff on hit.
- There is a 25% chance for Demon Flames to be inflicted for 6 seconds, a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 4 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 2 seconds.
- Shadowbeams and demon scythes will drop from the sky when you take damage.
- The beams deal 3000 damage, and the scythes deal 5000 damage on hit. Their damage has no class type.
- A Red Devil follower is summoned.
- The devil fires piercing tridents at a high velocity which deal 9000 damage. This damage also has no class type.
Enraged[edit | edit source]
Pressing the Armor Set Bonus key will inflict the Enraged debuff to both nearby enemies and the player for 10 seconds. While inflicted with the Enraged debuff:
- Players take 25% more damage from all sources. This stacks with other damage increasing effects.
- Enemies take 125% more damage from the player. This applies before Damage Reduction mechanics.
- Bosses obtain unique behaviors that are much more aggressive.
- Enemies are tinted red.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Pressing Armor Set Bonus while currently Enraged will refresh the duration of the debuff to the player, but it does not refresh the duration of the debuff to nearby enemies.
- The boosted life regeneration from the Breastplate is overridden by the effects of the Shiny Stone. However, it overrides the effects of Cosmic Freeze, Draedon's Heart, and Photosynthesis.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although this is an endgame armor, in some aspects it is inferior to Auric Tesla armor, as it lacks revives and lifesteal.
- Demonshade armor can be considered a damage-focused alternative to Auric Tesla, due to many of its effects focusing on dealing extreme damage to enemies, despite the lack of survivability benefits.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This armor actually has a unique rarity, but is referred to here as Hot Pink for consistency between items.
- This unique rarity alternates between orange (#FF8416 ●) and dark orange (#DD5507 ●) colors.
- The Red Devil summoned by this armor set can only be disabled by having the Cosmic Plushie equipped.
- The Enraged mechanic is a reference to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, specifically to the Jetstream Sam DLC where taunting enemies causes them to enrage, both taking and dealing more damage.
|Calamitous Essence • Bar • Crystyl Crusher|
Animus • Draconic Destruction • Earth • Elemental Excalibur • Red Sun • Azathoth • Nanoblack Reaper • Triactis' True Paladinian Mage-Hammer of Might • Illustrious Knives • Soma Prime • Svantechnical • Contagion • Voidragon • Apotheosis • The Dance of Light • Eternity • Fabstaff • Staff of Blushie • Endogenesis • Flamsteed Ring • Temporal Umbrella • Scarlet Devil
Demonshade armor • Profaned Soul Crystal • Dye