The Eidolic Wail is a post-Moon Lord magic gun that drops from Eidolon Wyrms after Polterghast has been defeated. It fires three sound waves in quick succession that bounce off walls. The sound waves continuously grow in size and damage as they travel, but slow down as they grow larger. The sound waves ignore NPC immunity frames, dealing constant damage to any enemies they touch and inflicting the Crush Depth debuff.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because the sound waves gain more damage as they grow, this weapon does significantly increased DPS at a distance.
- This weapon is near useless versus individual targets because its projectiles are so slow. However, its ability to ignore NPC immunity frames and pierce infinitely makes it incredibly powerful for dealing with crowds of enemies.
- The Eidolic Wail uses very little mana and can deal extreme damage, making it a reliable weapon for any mage player once acquired.
- The Eidolic Wail can potentially be obtained long before defeating Polterghast if the player manages to slay an Adult Eidolon Wyrm.
- The sound waves are fired 17 ticks apart, with a 30 tick delay between each group of three sound waves.