Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This item is dedicated to: Shadowspec
|Set Bonus||100% increased minion damage|
All attacks inflict the demon flame debuff
Shadowbeams and demon scythes will fire down when you are hit
A friendly red devil follows you around
Press Y to enrage nearby enemies with a dark magic spell for 10 seconds
This makes them do 25% more damage but they also take 125% more damage
|Buff tooltip||The red devil will protect you|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||All damage taken is increased by 25%|
|Debuff duration||2, 4, or 6 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Another flames debuff...|
Demonshade Armor is a craftable post-Moon Lord developer armor set crafted from Shadowspec Bars. It takes a total of 34 Shadowspec Bars to craft a full set. Demonshade Armor is arguably the most powerful armor set available in the Calamity Mod, although the wider array of status effects granted by the Auric Tesla armor may make that desirable in some cases. If the full set is visible (whether equipped or in social slots), the player will have afterimages. If the full set is equipped, the player will leave behind purple dust as they move regardless of any social slot items worn.
It consists of a Demonshade Helm, Demonshade Breastplate, and Demonshade Greaves.
Stats[edit | edit source]
The full set grants the following stats and bonuses (this includes the set bonus):
- 150 defense
- 45% increased damage
- 100% increased minion damage
- 30% increased critical strike chance
- 20% increased melee speed
- 50% increased run acceleration
- 50% increased maximum run speed
- +1 to movement speed
- +200 max life and mana
- +10 max minions
- Enemies have 100x their contact damage reflected back at them when hitting the player
- Standing still grants incredibly fast life regeneration (similar to the Shiny Stone).
- All attacks inflict Demon Flames on hit.
- There is a 25% chance for Demon Flames to inflicted for 6 seconds, a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 4 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 2 seconds.
- Shadowbeams and demon scythes will drop from the sky when you take damage.
- The beams deal 3000 damage, and the scythes deal 5000 damage on hit. Both of these will benefit from magic damage bonuses.
- A Red Devil follower is summoned.
- The devil fires piercing tridents at a high velocity which deal 9000 damage. It also benefits from magic damage bonuses.
- Pressing Armor Set Bonus will inflict the Enraged debuff to both nearby enemies and the player for 10 seconds. Players take 25% more damage from all sources while enraged. On the other hand, enemies take 125% more damage from the player while enraged. This applies before Damage Reduction mechanics.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Demonshade Greaves do not increase max movement speed, instead only increasing movement acceleration.
- Unlike most minions, the Red Devil minion is capable of inflicting critical hits and is unaffected by summoner nerf mechanics as it deals magic damage.
- When the player is enraged the damage increasing effect will stack from other damage increasing effects.
- Pressing Armor Set Bonus while enraged will refresh the duration of the debuff to the player, but it does not refresh the duration of the debuff to nearby enemies.
- Nearby enraged enemies are tinted red.
- Taunting bosses will cause them to react with unique and aggressive attacks.
- The boosted life regeneration from the Breastplate is overridden by the effects of the Shiny Stone. However, it overrides the effects of Cosmic Freeze, Draedon's Heart, and Photosynthesis.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Red Devil summoned by this armor set can only be disabled by having the Cosmic Plushie equipped.
- The taunt system is a reference to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and specifically to the Jetstream Sam DLC, where taunting enemies causes them to enrage and take and deal more damage.