|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||24 Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons Calamitas and her brothers to protect you|
One minion trio takes two minion slots
|Grants Buff||Blighted Eyes|
|Buff tooltip||Calamitas and her brothers will protect you|
|Inflicts Debuff||Brimstone Flames|
|Debuff duration||2 seconds (Laser, Flamethrower)|
|Debuff tooltip||Rapid health loss|
|Calamitas||1||25% / 33.33%|
The Entropy's Vigil is a Hardmode summon weapon that is dropped by Calamitas. Upon use with two or more minion slots, the staff summons 3 miniature clones of Calamitas and her brothers, Catastrophe and Cataclysm (named Calamitamini, Catastromini, and Cataclymini respectively). Calamitamini will shoot brimstone lasers, Catastromini will charge into enemies, and Cataclymini will breathe brimstone flame. If the player has one minion slot remaining, only Calamitamini will be summoned.
Entropy's Vigil is very similar to the Optic Staff in that it spawns minions based on a boss that each have their own form of attack; however, Entropy's Vigil does offer certain advantages over the Optic Staff. It spawns 3 separate minions instead of 2, the minions can travel through blocks and they can hit targets at a much higher speed.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Entropy's Vigil has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the staff summons 3 minions, they only take up 2 minion slots.
- Attempting to summon more minions than the limit will only respawn the Calamitamini without the brothers.
- Therefore, the player should be careful when summoning the minions as less brothers may be gained.
- This staff can be extremely powerful on more stationary targets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This staff can be considered an indirect upgrade to the Optic Staff.
- Just like the Optic Staff, the eyes retain some of their original name with "-mini" at the end.
- This weapon was previously known as the "Blighted Eye Staff".