The Entropy's Vigil is a Hardmode summon weapon that is dropped by Calamitas. Upon use, the staff summons 3 miniature clones of Calamitas and her brothers, Catastrophe and Cataclysm (named Calamitamini, Catastromini, and Cataclymini respectively). Calamitamini will shoot brimstone lasers, Catastromini will charge into enemies, and Cataclymini will breathe brimstone flame.
Entropy's Vigil is very similar to the Optic Staff in that it spawns minions based on a boss that each have their own form of attack. However, Entropy's Vigil does offer certain advantages over the Optic Staff, with it spawning 3 separate minions instead of 2, and the minions can travel through blocks.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Entropy's Vigil has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the staff summons 3 minions, they only take up 1 minion slot.
- Attempting to summon more minions than the limit will only respawn the Calamitamini without the brothers.
- Therefore, the player should be careful when summoning the minions as less brothers may be gained.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This staff can be considered an indirect upgrade to the Optic Staff.
- Just like the Optic Staff, the eyes retain some of their original name with "-mini" at the end.