The Ethereal Extorter is a Hardmode accessory sold by the Bandit for 1 after the Golem has been defeated. While equipped, rogue projectiles have a chance to explode into 1-3 homing souls upon impact. Additionally, rogue damage is increased by 10%, at the cost of -1 life regen.
While the Ethereal Extorter is equipped, a wide variety of effects can be applied to the player depending on the environment they're currently occupying. The effects are as follows:
- Pure Surface (Forest): All weapons gain +15% knockback.
- Pure Underground: Rogue projectiles have a 5% chance to deal 1.5x damage, if it's not a critical hit.
- Pure Cavern: Holding a rogue bomb grants the Black Belt's chance to dodge attacks.
- Underworld: Holding a fire weapon grants +3% Damage Reduction.
- Does not apply while the player is in the Brimstone Crag.
- Space: Fall speed increased by 25%.
- Dungeon: Non-consumable rogue weapons deal +5% damage.
- Hallow: +1 max minion, -10% mana cost, and 25% chance to not consume ammo or a consumable rogue weapon.
- Corruption: Rogue boomerang projectiles have boosted armor penetration.
- Crimson: Javelin projectiles have double knockback.
- Jungle: Holding a nature weapon gives the player the Dryad's Blessing buff.
- Snow biome: Holding an ice weapon gives +5 defense.
- Ocean: +5% increased movement speed and acceleration.
- Desert: When holding daggers, the player gains a zoom effect akin to the Binoculars or Rifle Scope.
- Glowing Mushroom biome: +1 life regen and +3 defense.
- Sunken Sea: Gills effect, ignore water physics, and rogue projectiles inflict Temporal Sadness.
- Brimstone Crag: Rogue projectiles that are also fire weapons inflict the Abyssal Flames debuff.
- Astral Infection: +5% flight time and horizontal flight speed.
- Sulphurous Sea: Rogue projectiles inflict Sulphuric Poisoning and Irradiated debuffs.
- Abyss: The player is afflicted with Obstructed, Darkness, and Blackout, but they gain +20% to all damage, +5% to all crit chance, +8 defense, and +5% Damage Reduction.
Additionally, the player is also granted several effects depending on the Moon phase, which are as follows:
- Full moon: +30 fishing skill.
- Waning Gibbous +10% rogue use speed.
- Third Quarter: Spiky Ball projectiles last 5 more seconds.
- Waning Crescent: 10% increased stealth regen while moving.
- New Moon: +10 max stealth.
- Waxing Crescent: Rogue projectiles gain more damage based on their piercing ability.
- Infinite: +10%. 5 or more: +8%. 4: +6%. 3: +4%. 2: +2%.
- First Quarter: Discount Card effect and rogue projectiles inflict Midas.
- Waxing Gibbous: Rogue critical hits deal 5% more damage.