|Fungal Clump (minion)
Fungal Clump is an Pre-Hardmode, Expert Mode-exclusive accessory obtained from the Treasure Bag dropped by Crabulon. It summons a free Fungal Clump minion that attaches to enemies, damaging them and spawning blue healing orbs that home in on the player and heal the player for 25% of the damage the clump deals. The healing orbs travel farther if the player is holding a summon weapon. The Fungal Clump occupies no minion slots.
- The Fungal Clump has a base damage of 10, which can be boosted with the player's damage-boosting equipment.
- However, its damage is affected by the summon damage nerf mechanic. As a result, it will do very little damage and by extension be incapable of producing healing orbs on most enemies if the player is holding a non-summoner weapon.
- Due to the healing orbs' limited range, the player must stand in close proximity to the minion in order to benefit from its lifesteal.
- It behaves similarly to the minions produced by Dank Staff and Blood Clot Staff; when used with Dank Creeper or Blood Clot minions, the Fungal Clump is likely to "stack" with the other minions and move identically to them.
- The Fungal Clump cannot be equipped if the player is wearing The Amalgam accessory, and vice versa.
- When equipped, the Fungal Clump produces a large ring of light around the player, making it usable for filling in the player's map by repeatedly equipping it and unequipping it.
- This ring of light also triggers when the player produces a minion past what they are allowed to have.
- In previous versions of the mod, Fungal Clump also caused Crabulon to become passive. With the accessory equipped, both the player and the boss became incapable of harming one another.