Guide:Profaned Guardians strategies
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
This guide was last updated for version 1.4.4.004.
|Environment||The Hallow – The Underworld|
|Max Life||167,500 / 254,998 / 298,998 (total)|
|Immune to||All debuffs except:|
The Profaned Guardians are usually the first Post-Moon Lord bosses that you will face in your playthrough. The Profaned Guardians are summoned by using the Profaned Shard in The Hallow or The Underworld biome during the day.
Terrain Preparation[edit | edit source]
A long platform is generally enough for this boss. Ensure that you have plenty of room to run along.
It is imperative that you remain within the Hallow or in the Underworld. Actuators are a great tool in expanding the Hallow in an arena without getting in the way.
Gearing Up[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
- Lunar armors are the preferred choice for all classes.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- Lunar Wings (with Angel Treads) or Seraph Tracers are the preferred wings.
- Asgard's Valor or Statis' Ninja Belt allow the player to make sharp turns and are very useful.
- Asgard's Valor additionally gives knockback immunity and many defensive boosts.
- Statis' Ninja Belt additionally provides the chance of a ninja dodge and increased jump acceleration.
- The Absorber is important for survivability by increasing damage reduction as well as giving increased jump acceleration.
- The Community is a great all-around accessory that boosts offensive and defensive stats as well as boosting flight time.
- The Heart of the Elements provides many all-around boosts including damage, damage reduction, life regen, and jump acceleration.
- The Deific Amulet is an excellent option, providing additional immunity frames and defense penetration.
- Melee players should use the Bloody Worm Scarf for its strong melee boosts as well as increased damage reduction.
- Ranged players should use the Sniper Scope or Artemis Emblem, which both help in boosting damage output.
- Artemis Emblem additionally gives some life regen and ammo conservation.
- Magic players should use the Sigil of Calamitas for its strong magic boosts.
- Summoners can boost their minion count and damage with Statis' Blessing, the Star-Tainted Generator and Statis' Curse.
- The Dark God's Sheath can be a good accessory for Rogue players, provided they can gain stealth to perform stealth strikes.
- It also provides several passive Rogue bonuses.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The weapons made from Luminite Bars are typically the best options for the fight.
Melee[edit | edit source]
- The Omega Biome Blade is an excellent option with homing and high single target damage.
- The Ark of the Elements and the Plague Keeper have faster homing at the cost of lower DPS.
- The Elemental Disk is an excellent choice, being able to hit both the Rock and Crystal Guardians at the same time.
- Stellar Contempt performs similarly with high raw damage while being able to strike more than one guardian.
Ranged[edit | edit source]
- The Elemental Blaster can shred the guardians in mere seconds.
- The Onyx Chain Blaster is an excellent option that deals high damage when landing the onyx blasts.
- The Shredder or the Disseminator can deal solid damage if all the bullets hit.
- Planetary Annihilation with Wooden Arrows is a solid pick with homing as well as inflicting the Ichor.
- Holy Fire Bullets should be used.
Mage[edit | edit source]
- Although DPS is lower, Nuclear Fury is a good homing option allowing the player to focus on dodging.
- The Apoctosis Array deals immense damage when high on mana. As this weapon requires attentive management of mana, the use of the Mana Flower is discouraged when using this weapon.
- The Last Prism is a good choice dealing high damage to the guardians.
- The Elemental Ray and Genisis are additional options with good DPS as well.
- The Ultra Liquidator is an excellent weapon for both dealing damage and applying Ichor for long periods of time.
Summoner[edit | edit source]
- The Elemental Axe is a good option being able to easily target and kill all the guardians.
- The Tactical Plague Engine is also a good option but requires a lot of ammo due to its high fire rate.
- The Energy Staff provides additional DPS to aid the player's minions.
Rogue[edit | edit source]
- Both the Elemental Disk and Stellar Contempt perform similarly to their Melee counterparts, dealing good DPS at the cost of smaller range.
- The Utensil Poker is an extremely viable option due to its massive damage output.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- The Well Fed buff provides a useful all around stat boost.
- Farm Blood Orbs to easily craft many helpful potions that will increase your survivability.
The Fight[edit | edit source]
The Profaned Guardians will spawn offscreen, meaning you should be prepared to dodge them as they approach you.
When summoned, the Main Guardian will be invincible. The Rock and Crystal Guardians must be defeated in order to kill the Main Guardian.
The Rock and Crystal Guardians hover around the Main Guardian, occasionally charging toward you. Your best option is to constantly run away while attacking. The Rock Guardian occasionally releases spears, but they should not be an issue except when turning around if needed. The Main Guardian flies toward you at a steady pace, occasionally releasing spears. Similar to the Rock Guardian, they should not be a huge issue except when turning around. The Main Guardian will fly until it is above your position. It is important to keep moving and prevent this. Once the Main Guardian is above you, it will perform a charge that can often stun-lock you and will prevent escape.
General Tips[edit | edit source]
- When the Rock and Crystal Guardians are killed, they each drop a pool of hearts that can be used as a source of healing mid-fight.
- The Normality Relocator or Rod of Discord are very strong tools as they allow instantaneous teleporting.
- Be wary when teleporting with the Normality Relocator, as the player will fall at a much greater pace if unprepared in a similar manner to the Portal Gun.
- The Ultra Liquidator can also be used to apply Ichor for other classes such as Ranger.
- The Ultra Liquidator activates the Summoner nerf. As such, the Golden Gun should be used to apply Ichor instead.