Guide:Signus, Envoy of the Devourer strategies
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
This guide was last updated for version 1.4.5.004.
|AI Type||Signus, Envoy of the Devourer AI|
|Max Life||280,000 / 448,000 / 712,800|
|Inflicts debuff||Whispering Death|
|Debuff duration||7 seconds (Contact)|
|Debuff tooltip||Death approaches; defense, attack power, and life regen reduced|
|Immune to||All debuffs except:|
Terrain Preparation[edit | edit source]
A lot of open space is adequate enough to help with avoiding Signus' attacks.
Gearing Up[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
- Tarragon armor is the preferred choice for all classes, however Lunar armor is still effective.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- Tarragon Wings (with Angel Treads) or Seraph Tracers are the preferred choice of wings.
- The Elysian Aegis provides useful stat boosts and immunity to knockback.
- It's highly recommended to have the Ball and Chain favorited in order to not accidentally dash towards Signus' Cosmic Lanterns that spawn to the side of the player.
- The Absorber is an extremely useful survivability accessory that also increases movement speed.
- Bloodflare Core is an excellent survivability accessory on builds geared towards defense.
- The Community is a great and powerful accessory with its progressive scaling stats.
- The Heart of the Elements provides many all-around boosts including damage, damage reduction, life regen, and jump acceleration.
- The Deific Amulet is an excellent option providing additional immunity frames and defense penetration.
- Melee players should use the Bloody Worm Scarf for its strong melee boosts as well as increased damage reduction.
- Ranged players should use the Sniper Scope or Artemis Emblem, which both help in boosting damage output.
- The Artemis Emblem additionally gives some life regen and ammo conservation.
- Magic players should use the Sigil of Calamitas for its strong magic boosts and optionally a Mana Flower for mana conservation.
- Summoners can boost their minion count and damage with Statis' Blessing and Statis' Curse.
- Summoners can also use the Profaned Soul Artifact to provide a direct DPS boost through other minions.
- Rogue users will find the Vampiric Talisman an invaluable accessory for its damage boost and life steal.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Melee[edit | edit source]
- The Omega Biome Blade's range, homing, and DPS should make the fight fairly straight-forward.
- The Lacerator, Solar Flare, or Verdant are all options that can deal good DPS towards Signus and his Cosmic Lanterns.
- The Gilded Proboscis's immunity frame ignoring capability and healing makes it a prime choice for true melee players.
Ranged[edit | edit source]
- The Seadragon along with Bloodfire Bullets can decimate Signus and his Cosmic Lanterns.
- The Shredder or even the S.D.M.G. can deal solid damage.
- The Arterial Assault can absolutely shred Signus and his Cosmic Lanterns.
- The Elemental Blaster can do well in homing in on the boss or lanterns and destroying the lanterns. Do be cautious about the bullets homing in on Signus instead of the lanterns.
Mage[edit | edit source]
- Although its DPS is lower, the Nuclear Fury is the all-around best option: being able to simultaneously handle lanterns and Signus with its homing.
- The Ultra Liquidator is a solid option for inflicting debuffs or as a main weapon for damage output.
- The Sanguine Flare and Mistlestorm are decent choices for dealing excellent damage to Signus.
- The Everglade Spray is an excellent secondary weapon for applying Ichor for long periods of time.
Summoner[edit | edit source]
- Elemental Axes are an excellent option: being able to easily target Phase 1, handle the probes, and maintain good DPS.
- The Energy Staff provides additional DPS to aid your minions.
Rogue[edit | edit source]
- The Utensil Poker can decimate Signus, although constant aiming is required.
- Molten Amputators are excellent for the entire fight due to them stacking on top of each other.
- Elemental Disks can perform a similar task although with lower DPS.
- Tarragon Throwing Darts are a decent option dealing reasonable damage.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- The Well Fed buff provides a useful all around stat boost.
The Fight[edit | edit source]
Once summoned, Signus will begin in phase 1 and then cycle to phase 2 and 3 before returning to phase 1 and repeating this pattern for the rest of the fight. Throughout the fight, it summons Cosmic Lantern enemies that chase the player at high speeds in an attempt to deal contact damage. A maximum of 10 Lanterns can be summoned at a time. When Signus reaches 65% health, Cosmic Fireballs will begin to rain from above the player in a random spread. This will continue for the remainder of the battle. In Death Mode Signus will also be generally more aggressive.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- Signus flies towards the player it is targeting and teleports three times, each to random nearby locations. During this phase, Signus will take knockback, which can slow its advance. Below 50% HP, however, Signus will become completely immune to knockback.
- As its health gets lower, it teleports more quickly and moves toward the player it is targeting more quickly.
- In Revengeance Mode after it teleports, Signus summons two pink Cosmic Mines, which chase players and explode if in close proximity to them or after a short time.
This phase isn't much of an issue and is normally dealt with by simply staying away from Signus. Due to its vulnerability to knockback, it is even possible to "stunlock" it in place until it teleports.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Signus flies very quickly back and forth above the player it is targeting and launches scythes that inflict Whispering Death.
- The lower Signus' health, the more scythes it shoots.
- Scythes eventually turn around in an attempt to hit players again.
Running away from Signus during this phase is the most effective option as the scythes it launches will have difficulty catching up to players.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
- Signus flies above the player and lunges down at them extremely quickly.
- As Signus' health gets lower, its lunges become even faster.
- Signus occasionally spawns a wall of five Cosmic Lanterns in front of the player to block them.
- If Signus' health is low, it summons trails of essence dust behind it while lunging. The essence dust explodes after a short delay.
Dropping down and flying up extremely quickly are effective ways to avoid the majority of attacks Signus uses in this phase.
General Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bloodfins are a powerful healing item with their regeneration boosts.
- A horizontal oval movement pattern is extremely effective throughout the entire fight.