We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Guide:Supreme Calamitas strategies
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
Supreme CalamitasPhase 1
Supreme CalamitasPhase 2
Supreme Calamitas is usually the final Post-Moon Lord boss that you will face in your playthrough. Supreme Calamitas will inflict debuffs that hinder your movement and heavily reduce your health, such as Vulnerability Hex and Horror. Supreme Calamitas is summoned by using an Eye of Extinction at any time.
Terrain Preparation[edit | edit source]
Upon spawning, Supreme Calamitas will create a 159x159 (inner available area is 157x157) rectangular arena made of unbreakable Arena Blocks. Leaving it will cause Supreme Calamitas to enrage, speeding up her Brimstone Hellblasts significantly and giving her 99% damage reduction.
- In Death Mode, the box size is reduced to 127x127 (inner available area is 125x125).
It is recommended to build a single platform through the middle of the arena to summon Supreme Calamitas. It also is recommended to build a platform near the top of the arena. Minecart Tracks may be additionally placed throughout the arena to aid in resetting flight time with a hook.
Another important addition to the arena is the addition of thick walls beyond the Arena Blocks that Supreme Calamitas will summon. In bullet hell segments, the thick walls will causeand to explode off screen, allowing more reaction time.
Gearing Up[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
Auric Tesla armor is the preferred choice for all classes.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- Celestial Tracers are extremely useful in general, and should be prioritized.
- The Asgardian Aegis or the Statis' Belt of Curses allow the player to make sharp turns and are very useful.
- Astral Arcanum is important for survivability in reducing the damage dealt by Vulnerability Hex and giving a chance to nullify projectile damage.
- The Community is a great all around accessory that boosts offensive and defensive stats as well as reducing the damage dealt by Vulnerability Hex.
- Heart of the Elements provides many all-around boosts including damage, damage reduction, life regen, and jump acceleration.
- Visibility should be turned off as the Elementals can greatly obstruct view.
- The Sand Elemental can help locate Brimstone Hearts as it spawns its sand tornadoes on top of them.
- Core of the Blood God, Affliction, and Dark Sun Ring are all options that additionally provide defensive and offensive boosts that can be considered.
- For non-Melee players, wearing a Cross Necklace or Star Veil greatly boosts survivability with increased immunity frames as it prevents attacks from giving consecutive hits.
- Melee players should use the Elemental Gauntlet for its strong melee boosts as well as increased immunity frames.
- Ranged players should use the Elemental Quiver works well in boosting damage output and maintaining ammo.
- Magic players should use the Ethereal Talisman for its magic damage and crit chance boosts as well as helping maintain mana when combined with Supreme Mana Potions.
- Summoners can boost their minion count and damage with the Statis' Blessing, Statis' Curse, Statis' Belt of Curses.
- Rogue users will find the Nanotech and Statis' Belt of Curses useful to boost their damage output.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The weapons made from Auric Tesla Bars are typically the best options for the fight.
Melee[edit | edit source]
- The Ark of the Cosmos's range, homing, and DPS should make the fight fairly straight-forward for Melee users.
- The Exoblade has a raw damage stat as well as providing healing to the player. It does extraordinary damage to the Brimstone Hearts.
- Ataraxia is another option similar to the Exoblade that also performs well against the Brimstone Hearts.
- The Oracle and Dragon Pow are additional options as well, each with their own unique quirks.
- The Scourge of the Cosmos can be used during Bullet Hell segments as a secondary option to boost DPS.
Ranged[edit | edit source]
- Heavenly Gale, especially combined with the Elemental Quiver, is a strong option with some good aim. It is the best weapon for killing the Brimstone Hearts.
- Photoviscerator is a good alternative to Heavenly Gale. It has comparable DPS as well as automatically inflicting Ichor.
- Drataliornus can deal massive damage to Supreme Calamitas, but it requires the user to charge up and has severe backfire if the player is hit. Additionally, it deals poor damage to the Brimstone Hearts and Soul Seekers.
- The Chicken Cannon is a good secondary weapon for killing the Soul Seekers or the Brimstone Hearts.
- The best ammunition for Heavenly Gale and Drataliornus are Bloodfire Arrows as they have the highest base damage.
Mage[edit | edit source]
- Subsuming Vortex is usually the best overall choice providing homing and automatically inflicting Ichor.
- Vivid Clarity is an additional option that can have massive damage spikes, but it requires high skill to use properly.
- The Void Vortex is another excellent option due to its high damage output, especially when the orbs are closer to one another. Additionally, it can destroy the brimstone hearts quickly.
- Yharim's Crystal is an extremely powerful option that decimates the Brimstone Hearts as well as dealing enormous damage to Supreme Calamitas. However, it requires the user to charge up and it consumes obscene amounts of mana requiring the player to stock up on Supreme Mana Potions and equip the Ethereal Talisman.
Summoner[edit | edit source]
- The Cosmic Immaterializer is nearly a necessity contributing high DPS as well as automatically inflicting Ichor.
- The Staff of the Mechworm provides high DPS as well.
- It should not be more than 10 segments long.
- It is a great secondary summon for other classes as well.
- Yharon's Kindle Staff is another important option providing good DPS as well as some defense and life regen.
- Be careful as summoning too many Sons of Yharon can obstruct incoming projectiles.
- 1 Cosmic Immaterializer + 1 Yharon son, with the rest Mechworms.
- 1 Cosmic Immaterializer + 2 Yharon sons, with the rest Mechworms.
- 1 Cosmic Immaterializer + 1 Yharon son + Godly Soul Artifact, with the rest Mechworms.
- 1 Cosmic Immaterializer + 1 Yharon son + Godly Soul Artifact + Profaned Soul Artifact, with the rest Mechworms.
Note: Mechworms with less than 5 segments are worthless.
Rogue[edit | edit source]
- Celestus is Rogue's primary option providing good DPS and inflicting Ichor.
- The Scourge of the Cosmos can be used during Bullet Hell segments as a secondary option to boost DPS.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Farm Blood Orbs to easily craft many helpful potions that will increase your survivability.
- If in multiplayer, Wormhole Potions are a cheap and effective tool to escape death.
- The Normality Relocator is a very strong tool as it allows instantaneous teleporting.
- Additionally, in Revengeance Mode, having the Relocator in your inventory will prevent you from taking 50% more damage while Chaos State is active.
- Be wary when teleporting as the player will fall at a much greater pace if unprepared in a similar manner to the Portal Gun.
- Portal Gun Stations can be used as a means of teleporting allowing instantaneous ascent or descent. This is particularly valuable in the final bullet hell.
- Binoculars can be useful during some bullet hell segments to increase reaction time. This can also be accomplished with the Sniper Scope in conjunction with Photoviscerator.
The Fight[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas has a set pattern that she will follow throughout the fight. She has 4 attacks.
- The hellblast attack has Supreme Calamitas maintain a set distance away, rapidly firing .
- The gigablast attack has Supreme Calamitas maintain a set distance away farther out than the hellblast attack, slowly firing .
- The mobile attack has Supreme Calamitas fly above the player randomly shooting either , , or a spread of .
- The charging attack consists of Supreme Calamitas making multiple charges at the player. In the move before her charge attack and during her charges, Supreme Calamitas will either turn blurry or transparent, dependent on Lighting Mode, so be prepared for her charges.
The only variance to her pattern of attacks is that she will always perform a mobile attack immediately after entering Phase 2 at 40% health. Afterwards, she will resume her pattern. Additionally, during bullet hells, Supreme Calamitas will stop moving and lay still. When a bullet hell ends, she will immediately resume her pattern. Be careful as this can cause her to shootat awkward angles or cause her to lunge in a way she normally would not. Her pattern is as follows:
- H representing the hellblast attack
- G representing the gigablast attack
- M representing the mobile attack
- C representing the charging attack
In her mobile attack, she will choose her attacks randomly. The safest thing to do here is to try and move from one side of the arena to the other in the shape of an “U”. Be careful when moving too fast as you may end up hitting an unseen projectile.
The fight immediately begins with a Bullet Hell. Bullet Hells have randomized patterns and are not the exactly the same each time. In this first Bullet Hell, use horizontal movement for the first 5 seconds, mostly vertical movement for the following 5 seconds, and slowly move horizontally to the left for the last 5 seconds. Additionally, melee and rogue players can use Scourge of the Cosmos to pile up the eaters during this bullet hell. Then switch to your main weapon after this phase ends. This will help speed up the next phase considerably.
- This can repeated in other bullet hells although it is typically more important to focus on dodging.
When the first Bullet Hell is completed, Supreme Calamitas spawns Sepulcher. Sepulcher flies around the arena, following the player, while periodically firing . Sepulcher must be defeated in order for Supreme Calamitas to be vulnerable. Sepulcher is killed by killing the Brimstone Hearts which spawn near the top of the arena. Once Sepulcher is killed, Supreme Calamitas' attacks will speed up.
At 75% health, Supreme Calamitas enters the second Bullet Hell. It is best to try and remain in the upper right hand corner of the arena.will periodically fire from above and from the right. This will allow them to explode offscreen. Be careful not to remain too close to the walls as it may cause you to get trapped by the .
At 50% health, Supreme Calamitas enters the third Bullet Hell. It is best to remain near the top of the arena.and will periodically fire from the top of the screen.
At 45% health, Supreme Calamitas will summon her brothers, Supreme Cataclysm and Supreme Catastrophe. Supreme Cataclysm will remain a fixed distance away on the right, slowly moving up and down, while firing. Supreme Catastrophe will remain a fixed distance on the left, slowly moving up and down inversely to Supreme Cataclysm, while firing . Both periodically release a burst of ; killing one will make the other shoot them faster. They must be killed in order to move on. The best way to avoid this phase is to slowly move up and down while attacking the brothers.
At 40% health, Supreme Calamitas will transition to Phase 2. She will immediately perform a mobile attack before continuing to resume her pattern. In Phase 2, the charging attack will have her charge only 2 times rather than 4 times like in Phase 1. Additionally, she will fire 4when performing her gigablasts attack rather than only 2 in Phase 1.
At 30% health, Supreme Calamitas enters the fourth Bullet Hell. This bullet hell is very similar to the third bullet hell. However, near the end of the bullet hell awill spawn from the top of the screen. When this happens, begin to slowly move downwards. As you progress in the fight more and more of them will appear, however, you can stack them on top of each other effectively mitigating the extra numbers. After this bullet hell ends, you should always be circling around the arena. Try to not turn around and circle the other way unless you get blocked by a Brimstone Monster or Supreme Calamitas and her projectiles. It is recommended to try to keep circling in a clockwise direction, as it will make the final bullet hell phase a bit easier to manage.
At 20% health, Supreme Calamitas will summon a ring of Supreme Soul Seekers. They synchronously fireat the player. With such a large number of projectiles, they can cause serious trouble in conjunction with Supreme Calamitas' normal attacks. Weapons with a large range of attack are the best options for disposing of them.
At 10% health, Supreme Calamitas enters her fifth and final Bullet Hell. This bullet hell features all projectiles featured in previous bullet hells with the new addition of Rod of Discord or Normality Relocator are invaluable tools in this section as it can be used to escape danger more easily.. To dodge this bullet hell, it is typically best to circle in a clockwise motion around the arena. The
At 8% health, Supreme Calamitas will spawn Sepulcher once again. The attack rate of Supreme Calamitas will slow down as a result. With the added pressure of Photoviscerator and Yharim's Crystal, are much less effective. Homing weapons, such as Ark of the Cosmos are typically the best option. It is important to keep in mind where Sepulcher spawns in order to avoid the worm., many weapons that worked for the first Sepulcher phase, such as
At 1% health, Supreme Calamitas will cease attacking and begin a brief monologue. It is imperative that you continue circling the arena at all times ascontinue chasing the player at an increased rate. Once Supreme Calamitas' monologue is over, quickly defeat her and you will be rewarded for your efforts.
General Tips[edit | edit source]
- In Revengeance or Death Mode, Rage and Adrenaline can be used effectively to shorten certain phases such as when Sepulcher or the Soul Seeker ring spawns.
- During Bullet Hell segments, Supreme Calamitas will not deal contact damage giving a bit more freedom of movement. However, she will begin to deal contact damage immediately after the bullet hell ends.
Boss Guides • Progression Guides