The Halibut Cannon is a Revengeance Mode-exclusive Pre-Hardmode gun obtained incredibly rarely from any enemy in the Abyss, with a somewhat higher chance to drop from the biome's mini bosses. It fires out between 25 and 35 bullets per shot, while only consuming one unit of ammo. While the default damage dealt is 6, it is scaled in Hardmode to 12 and again to 24 post-Moon Lord.
Its best modifier is Rapid, because damage modifiers will be overridden by the damage scaling.
- The drop rate of this weapon is unaffected by the Defiled Rune.
- This weapon is intended to be excessively powerful, being able to plow through most of the bosses in the game with ease despite being available Pre-Hardmode.
- In addition, this weapon can quickly demolish groups of enemies and is still very powerful well into Hardmode.
- Because of its low base damage, the Halibut Cannon is even more effective when paired with equipment that provides armor penetration such as the Reaper Tooth Necklace.
- With the exception of Luminite Bullets, piercing bullets are not effective when using the Halibut Cannon as only one bullet will strike per salvo.
- This weapon is a reference to the late game critic TotalBiscuit, previously known as TotalHalibut, as indicated by the presence of stereotypical British attire on the weapon's sprite.
- Halibut is a typical name of fish from the family of right eyed flounders.