Heart of the Elements
|Tooltip||The heart of the world|
Increases max life by 20, life regen by 1, and all damage by 8%
Increases movement speed by 10% and jump speed by 100%
Increases damage reduction by 5%
Increases max mana by 50 and reduces mana usage by 5%
You grow flowers on the grass beneath you, chance to grow very random dye plants on grassless dirt
Summons all elementals to protect you
Toggling the visibility of this accessory also toggles the elementals on and off
Stat increases are slightly higher if the elementals are turned off
|Buff tooltip||All elementals will protect you|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds (Brimstone fireballs)|
|Debuff tooltip||Rapid health loss|
|Rare Sand Elemental|
|Cloud Elemental (minion)|
|Brimstone Elemental (minion)|
The Heart of the Elements is a craftable Hardmode accessory exclusive to Expert Mode. It grants the user a variety of bonuses to maximum health, damage, defense, movement speed, and maximum mana. Additionally, the Heart will allow the player to spawn flowers and other plants on grass beneath them, alongside random dye plants on grassless dirt, and passively deal damage to nearby enemies. In addition, it also summons all of the Elementals to assist the player and attack enemies.
The Brimstone Elemental, Sand Elemental, and Cloud Elemental have a base damage of 90. After defeating the Moon Lord, the base damage of these Elementals is increased to 150. After defeating The Devourer of Gods, the damage is once again increased to 300.
The normal boosts provided by the accessory are as follows:
- +1 HP/sec life regen
- +20 max life
- +10% movement speed
- +100% jump speed
- +5% damage reduction
- +50 maximum mana
- -5% mana usage
- +8% damage
Toggling the visibility of the Heart also toggles the various Elementals on and off. Having the Elementals toggled off provides an extra set of boosts --- the extra empowerments and their resulting totals are as follows:
- +1 HP/sec (+2 HP/sec total) life regen
- +5 (+25 total) maximum health
- +2% (+12% total) movement speed
- +100% (+200% total) jump speed
- +1% (+6% total) damage reduction
- +10 (+60 total) maximum mana
- -2% (-7% total) mana usage
- +2% (+10% total) damage
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Elemental in a Bottle||1|
|Rare Elemental in a Bottle||1|
|Pearl of Enthrallment||1|
|Eye of the Storm||1|
|Heart of the Elements||1|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Sand Elemental, Cloud Elemental, and Brimstone Elemental deal contact damage at increasingly frequent intervals as the game progresses. They can deal contact damage to enemies 3 times per second as a default, 4 times per second after the Golem is defeated, 6 times per second after the Moon Lord has been defeated, 10 times per second after The Devourer of Gods has been defeated, and 20 times per second after Yharon has been defeated.
- The sand tornadoes spawned by the Sand Elemental also deal damage at the same increasingly frequent intervals as the game progresses.
- Sand tornadoes pierce two enemies before disappearing on the third before defeating the Moon Lord. Afterward, the sand tornadoes gain infinite piercing.
- Despite not actually growing, standing on dirt does still have a chance to produce Black Ink.
- The green healing orbs thrown out by the Rare Sand Elemental will home-in on the player if they are inflicted with the Heartreach buff.
- Wearing the Heart causes the player to emit a small amount of light that constantly changes colors, regardless of whether the visibility is on or off.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to inheriting the Bloom Stone's ability to grow flowers and other herbs, this accessory is extremely useful for gathering seeds, bait, and all manner of dye plants.
- This accessory, when visibility is toggled on, can be very helpful when performing less combat-oriented tasks such as fishing, as the elementals will keep most normal enemies at bay and allow the player's full attention to be focused on what they're doing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being an "elemental" accessory similar to the Elemental Gauntlet or Quiver, it is craftable before defeating the Moon Lord and thus The Devourer of Gods.
- Despite only requiring materials up to The Plaguebringer Goliath, the Heart of the Elements cannot be crafted until the Lunatic Cultist has been defeated due to requiring the Ancient Manipulator. It shares this trait with the Plague Hive, another powerful Expert Mode-exclusive accessory with the same restrictions.
- Some elementals summoned by this accessory formerly had different names:
- The Sand Elemental minion used to be called "Sand Waifu". After that, she was known as "Miss Sandy".
- The Rare Sand Elemental minion used to be called "Rare Sand Waifu". After that, she was known as "Madame Sandy".
- The Cloud Elemental minion used to be called "Cloudy Waifu". After that, she was known as "Miss Cloudy".
- The Brimstone Elemental minion used to be called "Brimmy Waifu". After that, she was known as "Miss Brimmy".