Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
The Hive Mind
It is the Corruption counterpart to The Perforators.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Hive Mind is stationary in all of Phase 1, summoning Corruption-themed enemies at intervals based on its life. In Phase 2, it starts quickly flying towards the player while teleporting and performing various maneuvers. It becomes enraged if the player leaves the Corruption, making it faster and nearly immune to all attacks.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- Remains stationary where it was spawned, occasionally burrowing into the ground and reemerging near the player, to prevent them from straying too far away.
- Periodically summons Hive Blobs.
- Spawns Devourers and Eaters of Souls as it takes damage.
- Summons a swarm of Hive Blobs and several Dank Creepers upon reaching 75%, 50%, and 25% health.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Floats toward the player aggressively while teleporting to different locations around them, sometimes performing special movements:
- Dashes in a circular path around the player after teleporting.
- Dashes in a horizontal line, leaving behind shade clouds that rain damaging liquid.
- Dashes away from the player when damaged enough, followed by a teleport.
- Periodically spits a burst of green Cursed Clots at the player.
- Spawns Hive Blobs and Dark Hearts as it takes damage.
In Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
- During Phase 1, the Hive Mind gains a lot of defense when any Dank Creepers are alive.
- Dank Creepers spawn shade clouds on death.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- Teleports more often and fires a spread of cursed clots after each teleport in phase two.
- Circular teleports are far faster and cover more distance.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Dank Creeper||During Phase 1|
|Devourer||During Phase 1|
|Eater of Souls||During Phase 1|
|Dark Heart||During Phase 2|
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Upon defeating the Hive Mind, the status message "The ground is glittering with cyan light" displays, indicating that Aerialite Ore generated in the world.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- High speed/mobility will allow you to avoid most of the Hive Mind's projectiles. This is especially helpful in phase 2, where it chases you at a relatively high speed.
- If you leave the Corruption while this boss is alive, its defense is set to 9999 and it gains an increase in speed. You will be unable to harm it until you go back to the Corruption. A similar mechanic is also applied to the Perforator Hive.
- During phase 2, The Hive Mind won't deal or take any damage while teleporting until it is fully visible.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hive Mind's theme is The Filthy Mind, which was composed by the artists DM DOKURO and SixteenInMono.
- The Hive Mind could be considered the Corruption counterpart of the Brain of Cthulhu, while The Perforators could be considered the Crimson counterpart of the Eater of Worlds.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Hive Mind, the grotesque creature that lies in the depths of the corruption, is actually a colony of creatures that travel together, combining their abilities to form a greater presence responsible for spreading and sustaining the corruption. Corruptions are just breeding grounds to creatures which form larger and larger clusters.