As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
The Hydra is a craftable Hardmode classless weapon that deals massive damage to all enemies. When used, it fires fifteen extremely fast pellets that create small explosions when hitting an enemy or a tile. The damage it deals is proportional to the hit enemy's max health, making it incredibly effective against enemies with large amounts of health, such as late-game bosses.
Once a boss is spawned, the Hydra is only fireable once until the boss is defeated or until it despawns after the player is killed.
This weapon cannot receive any modifiers.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite resembling a gun, the weapon has no damage type, making it equally effective for all classes.
- This weapon does not have any critical strike chance and cannot gain any from Accessories, Modifiers, Buffs and Armor bonuses.
- Each of the Hydra's bullets deal approximately 1.632% of the hit enemy's max health as damage. If all fifteen of the bullets hit, they can deal up to 24.48% of a target's max health prior to defense and damage reduction calculations.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The weapon is a reference to the gun of the same name from the game Resident Evil 5.
- The Hydra is capable of killing a Super Dummy before it can regenerate all of its health.