|Use time||45 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||Healing with potions and all positive life regen is disabled.|
Enemy damage scales with your max health.
Can be toggled on and off.
Using this while a boss is alive will instantly kill you and despawn the boss.
The Iron Heart is an item placed in a newly spawned player's inventory. Upon being used in Expert Mode, it enables or disables several effects on every character in the current world:
- Natural Health regeneration is completely disabled.
- Recovery Potions cannot be used.
- Damage recieved by the player now has a lower bound that depends on the player's max HP. The following formula is used:
Damage recieved = max(60 + (Max HP / 10), Damage taken).
- If the taken damage is below (and therefore becomes) the minimum damage, it plays a softer custom hurt sound.
- If damage taken is above the minimum damage it plays a louder custom hurt sound.
- A secondary effect of Iron Heart is that the player's life hearts will become light gray in appearance, with black 'eyes' on either side of each, matching the appearance of being heart-shaped skulls. They remain with this appearance even after using Life Fruits or other permanent power-ups.
Attempting to use this item while a boss is alive will result in instant death.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Iron Heart's effects are tied to the world it was used in, rather than the player that used it. This means that all players that join a world in which the Iron Heart has been used will have the Iron Heart's effects, even if they don't use the item.
- Hearts and Lifesteal will still heal the player.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to disabled life regeneration, Iron Heart may be used to trigger certain effects that only happen when below certain amount of health such as Necklace of Vexation, Old Duke's Scales, or Bloodflare Core.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The appearance of the life hearts after using the Iron Heart is a reference to the game Hollow Knight, in which the player's mask-based life meter bears a striking resemblance.
- This item as a whole is a partial reference to Hollow Knight's own perma-death mode, known as "Steel Soul".
- The life hearts' appearance also references the life hearts in Minecraft's perma-death mode known as "Hardcore", as the mode causes the player's hearts to develop eye-like streaks.
- In previous versions of the mod, this item made dying while a boss is alive permanently kill the player in a similar manner to Hardcore.
- Additionally in previous versions of the mod, this item became unusable after a minute of runtime in the world.
|Combat||Charge • Damage Reduction • Hit Sounds • Immunity frames • Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Events||Acid Rain • Boss Rush|
|Items||Alternative crafting ingredients • Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Configuration options • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|