The Laudanum is a Revengeance Mode-exclusive Pre-Hardmode accessory that boosts the player's damage by 6%, defense by 6, max speed by 5%, and provides immunity to the Horror debuff.
Any Boss Treasure Bag in Revengeance Mode has a 1.67% chance of containing this accessory.
- All boss bags have a 5% chance of containing any of the three universal Revengeance accessories, the other two being Stress Pills and Heart of Darkness, and then a 1/3 roll is cast for which accessory is given. This results in a 1.67% chance to obtain any of the three accessories, however the player can never receive more than one at a time, and the drop rate is not affected by Defiled Rune.
- It can be considered an upgraded combination of Flesh Knuckles and Putrid Scent, both of which are Biome Mimic drops.
- The speed and acceleration bonuses do not stack with those given by the Stress Pills or Draedon's Heart.
- Considering this accessory makes you immune to the horror debuff, it may be a reference to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a horror game where laudanum is a healing item.
- It may also be a reference to Darkest Dungeon, where Horror is a Debuff that can be cleared using Laudanum.