The Laudanum is a Revengeance Mode-exclusive Pre-Hardmode accessory. When equipped, any time the player gets inflicted with the Horror debuff it will last twice as long, but instead of giving any negative effects it will instead grant a 10% bonus to movement speed and acceleration.
Any Boss Treasure Bag in Revengeance Mode has a 1.67% chance of containing this accessory.
- All boss bags have a 5% chance of containing any of the three universal Revengeance accessories, the other two being Stress Pills and Heart of Darkness, and then a 1/3 roll is cast for which accessory is given. This results in a 1.67% chance to obtain any of the three accessories, however the player can never receive more than one at a time, and the drop rate is not affected by Defiled Rune.
- It can be considered an upgraded combination of Flesh Knuckles and Putrid Scent, both of which are Biome Mimic drops.
- The speed and acceleration bonuses do not stack with those given by the Stress Pills or Draedon's Heart.
- This accessory is likely a reference to Darkest Dungeon, where Horror is a Debuff that can be cleared using Laudanum. This accessory's appearance is also based on Laudanum's appearance in Darkest Dungeon.
- It may also be a reference to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a horror game where laudanum is a healing item.