|AI Type||Mauler AI|
|Damage||135 / 270 / 337 / 387 (Contact)|
100 / 180 / 207 (Sulphuric mist bursts)
100 / 200 / 230 (Sulphuric ring)
200 / 400 / 460 (Death explosion ring)
|Max Life||165,000 / 330,000|
|Defense (DR)||50 (5% DR)|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
The Mauler is a mini boss that spawns in the Sulphurous Sea at any point in the game. It swims peacefully until the player comes near or hits it. Once it detects the player, it swims extremely fast towards them while also shooting quick bursts of sulphuric mist. Occasionally, it releases a large ring of sulphuric bubbles and mist from itself, which is difficult to dodge unless the player is reasonably far away.
If the Mauler is out of the water for too long it will explode, leaving no loot and potentially killing the player in the process.
It can be detected with the Lifeform Analyzer.
On contact, the Mauler inflicts the following debuffs:
- Venom for 5 seconds
- Bleeding for 5 seconds
- Feral Bite for 5 seconds
- Horror for 3 seconds in Revengeance Mode
- Marked for 3 seconds in Revengeance Mode
Additionally, the sulphuric bubbles and mist inflict Venom for 2 seconds.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its high damage, health, and defense coupled with its fast swimming speed make it a very dangerous enemy, therefore fighting it is a very bad idea until later in the game.
- It is very rare in Pre-Hardmode, spawns more commonly in Hardmode, and even more commonly after the Moon Lord has been defeated.
- Shark Fins dropped by the Mauler will be brown in color, much like the Shark Fins dropped by Sand Sharks.