The Mineral Mortar is a craftable Hardmode launcher that fires projectiles shaped like Forbidden Fragments. Upon collision with a block, this projectile splits into four flying Sand Shark-shaped projectiles that spread out and do additional damage. Neither the initial rocket nor the sharks can hit more than one enemy, though the initial blast has a small area of effect which ignores enemy immunity frames.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since the sharks released by the weapon slightly home towards the player, one can kite them into enemies for additional damage if desired.
- Despite the fact that rockets are normally post-Plantera, players can craft rockets in Calamity by using Explosive Powder and an Empty Bullet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike many rocket launchers, it will not deal any damage to the player.
- In the mod's source files, the Sand Shark projectile is referred to as 'SandyWaifuShark'.
- This is likely a reference to the weapon's recipe requiring Forbidden Fragments, which are dropped from Sand Elementals.
|Fragment • Arid Artifact • Crumbling Potion|
Forsaken Saber • Mineral Mortar • Death Valley Duster • Relic of Ruin • Spirit Flame • Forgotten Apex Wand • Spear of Paleolith
Armor • Circlet