As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Onyx Excavator Key
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a drill to drill through the world so you can destroy all the neat world generation with complete disregard for all the creatures that inhabit these lands. I am sure the EPA and PETA would like to have a word with you afterwards.|
The power of the destruction scales with the highest powered pickaxe in your inventory
|Grants Buff||Onyx Excavator|
The Onyx Excavator Key is a Pre-Hardmode mount summoning item obtained from the Cavern shrine. When used, it summons an Onyx Excavator which acts similarly to the Basilisk summoned by the Ancient Horn but allows the player to drill through almost all blocks in the game. The Onyx Excavator is capable of moving at a speed of 40 mph horizontally and can jump a single block off the ground. Like the Basilisk, it can charge enemies and deals 25 damage upon contact. This damage can be boosted through summoner bonuses.
While moving, the player's damage reduction is increased by 10%. This is calculated independently from normal DR and is not affected by Calamity's DR scaling system.
The Onyx Excavator can only dig to the sides. It cannot dig vertically.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Several blocks are specifically blacklisted to prevent sequence breaks:
- Abyss Gravel, Charred Ore, Scoria Ore, Voidstone, and the Eternia Crystal Stand cannot be mined at all with the Drill.
- Sunken Sea blocks cannot be mined unless the Desert Scourge has been defeated.
- Dungeon Bricks cannot be mined unless Skeletron has been defeated.
- Hellstone cannot be mined unless the player has a pickaxe that can mine it.
- Cobalt Ore, Palladium Ore, Mythril Ore, Orichalcum Ore, Adamantite Ore, and Titanium Ore cannot be mined unless a Mechanical Boss has been defeated.
- Planty Mush and Tenebris cannot be mined unless Calamitas or Plantera have been defeated.
- Chlorophyte Ore cannot be mined unless Plantera has been defeated.
- Lihzahrd Bricks cannot be mined unless Golem has been defeated.
- Astral Ore cannot be mined unless Astrum Deus has been defeated.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The mount is a reference to the Acceleration Drill from the Avalon Mod, with both digging through tiles in a similar way.
- The tooltip references PETA and EPA, both being real companies which aim to protect animals and the environment respectively.