Onyx Excavator Key
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a drill to drill through the world so you can destroy all the neat world generation with complete disregard for all the creatures that inhabit these lands. I am sure the EPA and PETA would like to have a word with you afterwards.|
The Onyx Excavator Key is a Pre-Hardmode mount summoning item obtained from the Cavern shrine. When used, it summons an Onyx Excavator which acts similarly to the Basilisk summoned by the Ancient Horn but allows the player to drill through almost all blocks in the game. The Onyx Excavator is capable of moving at a speed of 40 mph horizontally and can jump a single block off the ground. Like the Basilisk, it can charge enemies and deals 25 damage upon contact. This damage can be boosted through summoner bonuses.
While moving, the player's damage reduction is increased by 10%. This is calculated independently from normal DR and is not affected by Calamity's DR soft cap.
The Onyx Excavator can only dig to the sides. It cannot dig vertically.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Drill has a pickaxe power of 225%, making it on par with the Lunar Pickaxes. However, several blocks are specifically blacklisted to prevent sequence breaks:
- Abyss Gravel, Charred Ore, Chaotic Ore, Dungeon Bricks, and Voidstone cannot be mined at all with the Drill.
- Sunken Sea blocks cannot be broken unless the Desert Scourge has been defeated.
- Hellstone cannot be mined unless the world is currently in Hardmode.
- Planty Mush and Tenebris cannot be mined unless Calamitas or Plantera have been defeated.
- Astral Ore cannot be mined until Astrum Deus has been defeated.
- Lihzahrd Bricks cannot be mined unless Golem has been defeated.