Plague Hive

From Calamity Mod Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Learn more about Expert Mode
Fortune and glory, kid.
Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
Plague Hive
  • Plague Hive item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
TypeAccessory
TooltipSummons a damaging plague aura around the player to destroy nearby enemies
Releases bees when damaged
Friendly bees inflict the plague
All of your attacks inflict the plague
Makes you immune to the plague
Projectiles spawn plague seekers on enemy hits
The power of your bees and wasps will rival the Moon Lord himself
Inflicts DebuffPlaguePlague
100% chance

Debuff duration2 seconds (Aura)
2, 4, or 6 seconds (On attack)
6 seconds (Bee/wasp projectiles)
5 seconds (Plague Seekers)
Debuff tooltipRotting from the inside
RarityRarity Level: rainbow
Sell12 Gold Coin

The Plague Hive is an Hardmode, Expert Mode-exclusive accessory. Equipping it causes all of the player's attacks to inflict the Plague debuff and spawn homing plague seekers upon hitting an enemy. Plague seekers deal 25% damage of the attack that spawned them, capped at 30 damage. Additionally, the player spawns several bees when damaged.

The damage of all bee/wasp projectiles produced by the player is increased by 20-30, and all bee/wasp projectiles will inflict the Plague debuff.

Enemies within a medium radius of the player take significant damage over time and are afflicted with the Plague debuff. Due to the very high damage of the plague aura, this accessory can heavily weaken or outright kill lesser enemies without any input from the player.

Crafting[edit | edit source]

Recipe[edit | edit source]

Crafting Station
Ancient Manipulator.png Ancient Manipulator
Ingredient(s) Amount
Toxic Heart.png Toxic Heart 1
Alchemical Flask.png Alchemical Flask 1
Hive Pack.png Hive Pack 1
Honey Comb.png Honey Comb 1
Result
Plague Hive.png Plague Hive 1

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • Despite only requiring materials up to The Plaguebringer Goliath, the Plague Hive cannot be crafted until the Lunatic Cultist has been defeated due to requiring the Ancient Manipulator.
  • It should be emphasized that the Plague Hive causes ALL attacks to inflict plague, including NPC's and Enemies' attacks. This will not affect the player because of the Plague Hive's additional property of making you immune to plague. It will, however, affect NPCs.
  • On attack, there is a 25% chance for Plague to inflicted for 6 seconds, a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 4 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 2 seconds.