"The scent of broken promises, pain, and eventual death is heavy in the air..."
The Profaned Crags is a biome added by the Calamity Mod which spawns upon world creation. It can be found at the left side of the Underworld. It has several large brimstone rocks floating in lava or in the air. In the center of the crag there are 3 house-like structures, each containing a Chest with various loot.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
|From Shadow Chests:||
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using Steam Cloud to save a modded world will usually lead to all modded tiles being deleted from that world, so it is recommended to have it disabled.
- Being submerged in lava in the Profaned Crags will cause significant damage over time, even to characters with immunity to lava.
- The three chests in the center of the biome are only accessible with either the Drax/Pickaxe Axe or Actuators.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is not recommended to visit this biome in Pre-Hardmode, because the monsters in it are quite powerful and will gain no rewards apart from money.
- In Hardmode, it is a great place to farm for Essence of Chaos, as all of the biome's inhabitants can drop it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Profaned Crags' theme is The Step Below Hell, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- It was previously known as the "Calamity biome", and is still referred to as such in the Charred Idol's tooltip.
- In an earlier version of the mod, the Profaned Crag was larger and shaped very similarly to Yharim's Insignia, hinting at a possible lore connection, but this may no longer be the case due to the biome's redesign.
| Biomes and Structures|
|Biomes|| Abyss • Astral Meteor • Profaned Crags • Sulphurous Sea|
Cavern • The Corruption • The Crimson • Desert • Dungeon • The Hallow • Jungle • Jungle Temple • Mushroom • Ocean • Space • Snow • Surface • The Underworld
|Structures||Evil Island • Shrine • Ice Tomb|