Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
"The scent of broken promises, pain, and eventual death is heavy in the air..."
The Brimstone Crag is a biome added by the Calamity Mod which spawns upon world creation. It can be found at the left side of the Underworld. It is composed of several large masses of Brimstone Slag half-buried in the ash, with deposits of Charred Ore interspersed within it. Across the crag there are several house-like structures, each containing a locked Shadow Chest with various Underworld items inside. Buried underneath the crags are three of these structures, which are unique in that they contain loot that is normally only obtainable from enemy drops, including the Philosopher's Stone.
Being submerged in lava in the Brimstone Crag causes significant damage over time, even to characters with immunity to lava.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
|From Shadow Chests:||
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using Steam Cloud to save a modded world will usually lead to all modded tiles being deleted from that world, so it is recommended to have it disabled.
- The three chests buried in the center of the biome are only accessible with either the Drax/Pickaxe Axe or Actuators.
- An artificial version of this biome can be constructed anywhere using Brimstone Slag.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is risky to visit this biome in Pre-Hardmode, because the monsters in it are quite powerful and killing them will garner no rewards apart from money.
- In Hardmode, it is a great place to farm for Essence of Chaos, as all of the biome's inhabitants can drop it.
- If the Underworld environment proves too inconvenient or treacherous, the blocks from the Brimstone Crag can be moved elsewhere in the world to form an artificial biome that the player has more control over.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Brimstone Crag's theme is The Step Below Hell, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO).
- This track also plays throughout all of The Underworld while the Calamity Mod is installed.
- It was previously known as the "Profaned Crags". This was changed to prevent unwanted connections with Providence, the Profaned Goddess.
- Before that, it was known as the "Calamity biome", and is still referred to as such in the Charred Idol's tooltip.
- In an earlier version of the mod, the Brimstone Crag were located on the far left edge of the Underworld, and featured several tall spires and a large eye-like formation underneath. This was changed due to taking a significant amount of time to generate.
| Biomes and Structures|
|Biomes|| Abyss • Astral Meteor • Brimstone Crag • Sulphurous Sea|
Cavern • The Corruption • The Crimson • Desert • Dungeon • The Hallow • Jungle • Jungle Temple • Mushroom • Ocean • Space • Snow • Surface • Underground • The Underworld
|Structures||Evil Island • Ice Tomb • Planetoid • Shrine|