|Environment||The Hallow – The Underworld|
|Max Life||167,500 / 254,998 (total)|
|Immune to||All debuffs except:|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
All three Profaned Guardians spawn at the same time. The rocky main Guardian is immune to all damage until the rock Guardian and the crystal Guardian are defeated.
If the player exits the Hallow or Underworld during the fight, they will become invulnerable until the player returns.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Rock Guardian[edit | edit source]
- Stays close to the main Guardian, occasionally charging towards the player.
- Repeatedly fires a circular spread of holy spears.
The Crystal Guardian[edit | edit source]
- Stays close to the main Guardian, rarely charging towards the player
- Periodically fires homing fire orbs.
The Main Guardian[edit | edit source]
- Immune to damage until the other two Guardians are defeated.
- Continuously travels toward and up against the player in an attempt to be on a greater elevation, charging toward the player only when it is above the player.
- It will also charge if the player is both a decent ways below the Guardian and in close proximity to the Guardian
- Intermittently fires circular barrages of holy spears.
- After reaching 75% health, it will start dropping slow-moving flares which explode shortly after being fired.
- After reaching 50% health, its charges will increase in speed and frequency.
- After reaching 25% health, it will begin leaving trails of exploding flares as it charges.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- The main Guardian deals greatly increased damage after the other two have been killed.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Don't move around too quickly, as this will likely lead to you ramming into the many projectiles the Guardians fire. Take your time and observe how the boss functions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Profaned Guardians' theme is Unholy Ambush, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- Their theme has similarities with Providence's.
- Despite being a boss, the Guardians don't drop a Trophy, a Mask, a Treasure Bag in Expert Mode, or even money.
- They are the only boss without a minimap icon.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Profaned Guardians, born of the profaned flame that is never allowed to be extinguished, are the eternal servants of their god, Providence. They are the physical manifestations of the souls of deceased worshipers that were promised eternal life in exchange for their protective services; they are undying, and will reform some time after their demise from the core of Providence herself. They guard to the death, both Providence and her artifacts, which were used as mediums to communicate between Providence and the flora and fauna of Terraria before Yharim appeared. When the tyrant began spreading his influence across the land, the guardians fought to repel him. What started off as a perceived victory for the guardians was soon followed by the unleashing of the tyrant's trusted Devourer and his Sentinels. The guardians were destroyed, and retreated back to their god to be reformed once more. Years later the Terrarian manages to piece together one of the profaned artifacts, awakening the guardians once again.