The Profaned Guardians are a post-Moon Lord boss fought in the Underworld or the Hallow. Multiple Guardians are also summoned during the fight against Providence, the Profaned Goddess.
The Profaned Guardians must be summoned by using a Profaned Shard in the Underworld or Hallow. The Profaned Guardians can only be summoned during the Day, and will despawn if it becomes nighttime.
All three Profaned Guardians spawn at the same time. The rocky main Guardian is immune to all damage until the rock Guardian and the crystal Guardian are defeated.
If the player exits the Hallow or Underworld during the fight, they will become invulnerable until the player returns.
- Stays close to the main Guardian, occasionally charging towards the player.
- Repeatedly fires a circular spread of holy spears.
- Stays close to the main Guardian, rarely charging towards the player
- Periodically fires homing fire orbs.
- Immune to damage until the other two Guardians are defeated.
- Continuously travels towards the player, charging towards the player occasionally, also bringing the other Guardians with it if they are still alive.
- It will also charge if the player is both a decent ways below the Guardian and in close proximity to the Guardian
- Intermittently fires circular barrages of holy spears.
- After reaching 75% health, it will start dropping slow-moving flares which explode shortly after being fired.
- After reaching 50% health, its charges will increase in speed and frequency.
- After reaching 25% health, it will begin leaving trails of exploding flares as it charges.
- The main Guardian deals greatly increased damage after the other two have been killed.
- Don't move around too quickly, as this will likely lead to you ramming into the many projectiles the Guardians fire. Take your time and observe how the boss functions.
- The Profaned Guardians' theme is Unholy Ambush, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- Despite being a boss, the Guardians don't drop a Trophy, a Mask, a Treasure Bag in Expert Mode, or even money.
- They are the only boss without a minimap icon.
The Profaned Guardians, born of the profaned flame that is never allowed to be extinguished, are the eternal servants of their god, Providence. They are the physical manifestations of the souls of deceased worshipers that were promised eternal life in exchange for their protective services; they are undying, and will reform some time after their demise from the core of Providence herself. They guard to the death, both Providence and her artifacts, which were used as mediums to communicate between Providence and the flora and fauna of Terraria before Yharim appeared. When the tyrant began spreading his influence across the land, the guardians fought to repel him. What started off as a perceived victory for the guardians was soon followed by the unleashing of the tyrant's trusted Devourer and his Sentinels. The guardians were destroyed, and retreated back to their god to be reformed once more. Years later the Terrarian manages to piece together one of the profaned artifacts, awakening the guardians once again.